Hacking Can someone guide me?

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded the Kmeaw CFW, I'm on a OFW 3.55 Slim. Can someone guide me, like saying where to put the .PUP, and how to install homebrew .self files?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Put the PUP file (should be named to PS3UPDAT.PUP) inside X:/PS3/UPDATE/, where X: is the USB stick/device letter and plug it into the PS3, then update via the 'Update from removable storage media' option from the XMB (may not be that exact phrasing).

As for .self's they are the PS3's .exe as to say but cannot be installed in that form, you usually need to package them into .pkg files using psn_package_npdrm but alas I do not know if that is even possible, most likely what ever you are looking for has a compiled .pkg which you can install directly with the 'Install Package Files' option which will appear on your XMB under the Game category after you have Jailbroken.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MarioBrotha said:
Ok, thanks, I suppose that I'm ok with my 3.55 OFW? I'm pretty nervous and I don;t want to mess anything up.

3.55 OFW is right to start with. Next step:

1. Install the custom firmware and
2. Install a new version of multiman or gaia bootmanager, they have already the lvl. 2 patch inside

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I installed the CFW, now I want to install MultiMan. I searched on google and the latest version appears to be 1.13, but there are many files to download, should I download the BASE or the FULL version?

Is it okay to say where I'm getting this stuff from?

edit: Just downloaded multiMAN ver 1.13.00 FULL, there are a lot of files in the .rar Where should I put them?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The latest multiman is unsigned so someone could even upload it to filetrip. It is unclear for now if signed stuff is copywrited so we are not allowed for now...

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
MarioBrotha said:
Ok, I installed the CFW, now I want to install MultiMan. I searched on google and the latest version appears to be 1.13, but there are many files to download, should I download the BASE or the FULL version?

Is it okay to say where I'm getting this stuff from?
Well, the full version I assume? As long as the site doesn't contain any illegal material it is fine to link to it,

Ah, the base version just contains the .pkg file and the program itself whereas the FULL/MEGA version contains, and I quote, "(190MB - 913 COVERS, 30 THEMES, LASTGAME, PS3SERV, EBOOTFIX)" I say go with the full .pkg, just to be sure.

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everything!
I read that there is some problems with some games that are over 4GB, would I have any of those problems if I copied them over to the internal Hard drive? And I'm getting a lot of freezes in mutiMAN, is that ok?

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MarioBrotha said:
Thanks for everything!
I read that there is some problems with some games that are over 4GB, would I have any of those problems if I copied them over to the internal Hard drive? And I'm getting a lot of freezes in mutiMAN, is that ok?

Not problems, but you can't copy a game, that has a file that is larger then 4GB to a FAT32 device. So you have to transfer games like this to the internal ps3 drive via FTP. Hopefully there will be NTFS compability in the future.
For multiman try to press R1 in the menu, this starts a "permission fix", that should fix some problems. And don't forget all of the backup managers are in an early stage, if you want to play backups without any problem, you should wait some weeks/months for a more stable release.

Edit: there is also a multiMan ebootfix application for windows that could helpt to fix your problems. Try it out.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ps3 releases are not a single image file. Its a folder full with files, if one of this files is larger then 4gb you cant copy it on a Fat32 device.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

Not problems, but you can't copy a game, that has a file that is larger then 4GB to a FAT32 device. So you have to transfer games like this to the internal ps3 drive via FTP. Hopefully there will be NTFS compability in the future.
For multiman try to press R1 in the menu, this starts a "permission fix", that should fix some problems. And don't forget all of the backup managers are in an early stage, if you want to play backups without any problem, you should wait some weeks/months for a more stable release.

Edit: there is also a multiMan ebootfix application for windows that could helpt to fix your problems. Try it out.
[/quote]
Yes you can copy a game that has a file larger than 4gb. You can use either PS3Splitter or most backup mangers have the capability to do thisas well. Either way will work. Though if you have "dumped your oringinal BD" to your pc the PS3splitter is the way to go just google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1