Hacking Can somebody explain how this semi-bricked my 3ds? (Also, how do I fix it?)

Darrow2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've had a fully soft-modded New Nintendo 3ds for about a month now, and it's worked like a dream, no issues. I downloaded a copy of Cave Story+, played it once, and afterward my 3ds is black screened. I can bring up recovery mode, and I have A9LH on my 3ds, so I think I should be able to recover. I was just hoping somebody could explain why this happened (mostly so I don't repeat it), and what guide I should be following to fix my sad panda gaming system. Thanks!

Trophies
XP
So, I've had a fully soft-modded New Nintendo 3ds for about a month now, and it's worked like a dream, no issues. I downloaded a copy of Cave Story+, played it once, and afterward my 3ds is black screened. I can bring up recovery mode, and I have A9LH on my 3ds, so I think I should be able to recover. I was just hoping somebody could explain why this happened (mostly so I don't repeat it), and what guide I should be following to fix my sad panda gaming system. Thanks!
Can you bring up the luma config? What version of luma? Does the power led stay on when booting?

Darrow2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, horrible noob here. I can hold start to boot it into the luma 3ds chainloader, and load up Godmode9, but how do I check what version I have?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true.... he should resolve the boot issue before making changes to nand. A9kg and the tools there can do anything the user needs.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a corrupt title or something. Perhaps somehow the cave story install corrupted or something. I'm uncertain how to remove it but try deleting it from your SD. If that solves it we found the issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If that doesn't work try as suggested above.

Darrow2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I copied the arm9loaderhax.bin and overwrote the existing one on my card, and I got 95% through the guide jupitteer posted (just up to where you are supposed to install luma3ds updater). Now when I boot my 3ds, I get a big error screen. It includes red text with "An exception occurred" and a big list of hex numbers. It also states "You can find a dump in the following file". Should I post a copy of the dump file?

Trophies
XP
Ok, I copied the arm9loaderhax.bin and overwrote the existing one on my card, and I got 95% through the guide jupitteer posted (just up to where you are supposed to install luma3ds updater). Now when I boot my 3ds, I get a big error screen. It includes red text with "An exception occurred" and a big list of hex numbers. It also states "You can find a dump in the following file". Should I post a copy of the dump file?
Post the dump file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    No...I need help to resolve this situation. MOTHERFUCKER
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you started
    Im pretty certain most people here, Leo, don't believe much of what you say about your situations, if anything at all.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you sent me pm and brought me up here
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    stupid motherfucker
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...you don't want to hear the truth
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtek? who's he? never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: bunch of bullies