Gaming Can I use my Wii without the motion sensor?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm using my original black Wii on an old CRT TV and the motion sensor doesn't work properly at all so here I come hoping that someone could give a solution as to set the Wii to go straight to the Homebrew Channel or something?

This would be wonderful because the recharged batteries of the Wiimote that I bought don't last for too long any more (third party) so it'd really make gaming a whole lot better.

I normally just use it to play GameCube original disc games so that's the kind of use it gets and controller-based Wii games.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember there was something like recovery menu...
You hold the reset button and theb you turn on the wii.. it will redirect you to a menu i think, THINK! That you could set up the wii to go directly into Homebrew channel... Dont mess with it though, try looking for information before you touch anything...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need two infrared points above or below your TV. Candles should suffice.

If you want the Wii to boot into the Homebrew Channel on startup, you can program bootmii (if you have it installed as boot2) or Priiloader to accomplish this.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried resyncing the wii remote? If you use a phone or a digital camera to take a photo of the sensor bar can you see the led lights lit up on it? There should be 5 leds on each side. Also make sure you're between 3 and 10 ft from the tv/sensor bar.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The classic controller is working in the wii menu, too. This won't solve your battery problem, but solves the broken motion controls.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The sensor bar doesn't actually communicate with the Wii; it just lights up. Literally, that's all it does.

If you've softmodded properly, you'll have Priiloader installed. By holding RESET while powering on, you can use a GC controller to launch the HBC or any channel. I do this every time I use my Wii.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sensor? LOL!

You mean a cheap led bar, no motion sensing whatsoever.

Anyway, make sure you sensor bar settings are set to maximum sensitivity ( from the Wii settings menu )
And make sure the sensorbars position adds up to your setup ( above or under your tv screen )
Also make sure you do not have any other infra red( heat ) light sources near your TV ( your wiimote will pick them up to ) as they can distort the sensorbars light ( you can see your sensorbars light using a digital camera/phone )

There not much else you can do really.
I myself have used waxine lights in the past...lol works.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The sensor bar doesn't actually communicate with the Wii; it just lights up. Literally, that's all it does.

If you've softmodded properly, you'll have Priiloader installed. By holding RESET while powering on, you can use a GC controller to launch the HBC or any channel. I do this every time I use my Wii.

Sweet dude! Thanks so much now I can play Wii with the GC controller only, just the way I like it.

I'll miss out on Wiimote-based games but those I'll eventually play on the Wii U sometime in the future. Wii is for the controller games only.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sweet dude! Thanks so much now I can play Wii with the GC controller only, just the way I like it.

I'll miss out on Wiimote-based games but those I'll eventually play on the Wii U sometime in the future. Wii is for the controller games only.
Don't forget that a lot of Wiimote-based games don't even need the sensor bar. SSBB, MKWii, Wii Sports, and many more can be operated with just the Wiimote buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?