Homebrew Can I use a 4gb SDHC card to install homebrew on vWii?

Chillax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
So I couldn't find a 2gb SD card, so I bought a 4gb SDHC card and I was thinking, can I somehow format it to a regular 2gb SD card or is there a way I don't know about?

Chillax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Yes, no need for the obselete 2gb or less SD card method
Especially since we are talking vWii here
OK. I'm really glad I found a solution for this problem lol. I already own the wii games I want to download but the discs don't work anymore so that's why I'm doing this in the first place.

EDIT: I tried it, followed every single instruction like 5 times, but still nothing pops up when I go to stage builder (I'm using the brawl method)
What am I doing wrong? Is it the SD card? I really don't know.

Last edited by Chillax,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I'm really glad I found a solution for this problem lol. I already own the wii games I want to download but the discs don't work anymore so that's why I'm doing this in the first place.

EDIT: I tried it, followed every single instruction like 5 times, but still nothing pops up when I go to stage builder (I'm using the brawl method)
What am I doing wrong? Is it the SD card? I really don't know.
Brawl needs the 2GB card, but you can use WUPhax to install from the Wii U menu

Chillax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Brawl needs the 2GB card, but you can use WUPhax to install from the Wii U menu
Good news and bad news. Good news is, I got homebrew on my vWii. Bad news is that the d2x_cIOS installer doesn't work. <v10 beta53 d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vwii> doesn't pop up for some reason. The only thing I have on my SD card is the apps folder with d2x and wiiflow. Any solutions?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news and bad news. Good news is, I got homebrew on my vWii. Bad news is that the d2x_cIOS installer doesn't work. <v10 beta53 d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vwii> doesn't pop up for some reason. The only thing I have on my SD card is the apps folder with d2x and wiiflow. Any solutions?
Make sure you're using the d-pad to scroll through cIOSs in the installer

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nvm, I had to download some WAD files. I WAS scrolling with the d-pad but I only had d2x v6, v5, and v4. Now it works though. I'm such an idiot xD.
What you need isn't WAD files, but the ciosmaps.xml and related files for d2x v10.
Make sure you are using the vWii specific d2x installer. IOSes for regular Wii won't work on vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse