Hacking Can I update my 3ds to a specific version?

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello again..

This time I have a problem with my cousin's 3ds... the version is too old. She has never updated her 3ds.
So I want to update her 3ds to 9 or 11 to install boot9strap.

So is that possible or we just can't install homebrews on that 3ds?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to update to a version that isn't 11.5 is to do a cartridge update. What version is the 3DS on?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a cartridge that has 9.x - 11.3 on it, plus a secondary exploit (such as OoT3Dhax) to launch homebrew.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a cartridge that has 9.x - 11.3 on it, plus a secondary exploit (such as OoT3Dhax) to launch homebrew.
The good news is you have a web browser, so your life should be a little easier. Here are your options, in order of best to worst:

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Quantumcat

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The good news is you have a web browser, so your life should be a little easier. Here are your options, in order of best to worst:
  • Use a game cartridge to update to 4.0-8.1. From there, you can easily install B9S using the internet browser.
  • Use a game cartridge to update to 9.0-11.3 (preferably 9.0-11.0). Then you can use an alternative exploit to load the homebrew launcher and install B9S.
  • Connect to the internet and update to 11.5. From there, you can do one of the harder methods of installing B9S, such as the DSiWare method (requires a second 3DS that already has CFW) or the hardmod method (requires soldering).
well we have a 3ds with CFW already, so is it easier to update to 11.5 and then do the DSiWare method?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well we have a 3ds with CFW already, so is it easier to update to 11.5 and then do the DSiWare method?
The DSiWare method requires that you purchase a cheap DSiWare title, and it requires the convoluted process of performing a system transfer. If you have access to game cartridges that might allow you to update the 3DS to 4.0-8.1, I would recommend that method.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Quantumcat

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The DSiWare method requires that you purchase a cheap DSiWare title, and it requires the convoluted process of performing a system transfer. If you have access to game cartridges that might allow you to update the 3DS to 4.0-8.1, I would recommend that method.
I am in the sections with the updates but it doesn't say the version that the games have.

EDIT: I found it sorry

Last edited by leontas2007,

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
... I have fire emblem awakening and says 4.5.. can this work?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I have fire emblem awakening and says 4.5.. can this work?
The European version of the game should update your system to 4.5.0-6E, since you already have 3.0.0-6E, which should allow you to follow the browser method of installing B9S.
When updating with the cartridge, be sure to follow this guide so you don't accidentally update to 11.5: https://3ds.guide/cart-update

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The European version of the game should update your system to 4.5.0-6E, since you already have 3.0.0-6E, which should allow you to follow the browser method of installing B9S.
When updating with the cartridge, be sure to follow this guide so you don't accidentally update to 11.5: https://3ds.guide/cart-update
Ok... I hope I do it right... I will post the results

EDIT: It seems I did it right. So the only thing I have to do is to follow the guide with the browser version and I am ok I guess?

Last edited by leontas2007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night