Hacking Can I still play online if my 3DS can play ISOs?

King Mustard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't bought a 3DS yet.

I will buy one if I can play ISOs of 3DS games (like I used to be able to with a flash cart for my DS many years ago).

I'm not sure how to do this yet.

Is it possible to still be able to play online and use the eShop if my 3DS is capable of playing ISOs?

X3Quest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
FOA,if you mean that the ISO for psp you can't play it in ds or 3ds.I doubt that you can actually play ISO on ds. if I mistaken about what u mean for ISO please pardon me.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think he's just getting ISOs confused with other roms like most people do.

To answer your question OP, you need to read the stickies for this section, specifically anything related to 3ds flashcarts. best one so far is gateway. IF you do have a 3ds capable pof woirking with the flashcart, (3ds on firmware 4.1-4.5) then gateway will work. Only issue right now is that you need to update to the newest update to go to the eshop or online, and the newest updates use a new encryption that gateway hasn't publicly released a workaround for. So, until that workaround comes out, you can't play online or go to the eshop.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
... Only issue right now is that you need to update to the newest update to go to the eshop or online, and the newest updates use a new encryption that gateway hasn't publicly released a workaround for. So, until that workaround comes out, you can't play online or go to the eshop.

You can still play online as long as it's renamed as .3dz has a valid header and requires no additional shop updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person