Gaming Can i safely update my WII U console and my installed games on console will remain?

Spidpex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If i leave my HDD with all the installed games on, will they remain there, as if i update my WII u from 5.5.1 to 5.5.2? Or will it erase the current instaleld games from homebrew launcher?

How does it work? AM i safe to update (since i want to play online on my games, after that new 5.5.2 update)

Spidpex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you're safe.

Okay, so updating will only prevent me from homebrew acessing homebrew launcher?

And if i update, should i keep my HDD with all my installed games plugged in aswell? or should i disconect the HDD before updating the console?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating your Wii U to v5.5.2 will not delete any of your installed games. If your primary method of entering the Homebrew Launcher is the web browser, however, it should be noted that the v5.5.2 web browser exploit is unreliable and might take numerous tries before it will launch the Homebrew Launcher.

In other words, updating to v5.5.2 is not recommended if you use the web browser exploit. If you use Haxchi or CBHC, then updating to v5.5.2 should be harmless.

Online play still works on v5.5.1. There is no real reason to update to v5.5.2.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I'm still on 5.5.1 myself due to it being pointless to update. I have blocking via a proxy through my laptop, and I've deleted the update folder. op, u should do the same.

Spidpex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Updating your Wii U to v5.5.2 will not delete any of your installed games. If your primary method of entering the Homebrew Launcher is the web browser, however, it should be noted that the v5.5.2 web browser exploit is unreliable and might take numerous tries before it will launch the Homebrew Launcher.

In other words, updating to v5.5.2 is not recommended if you use the web browser exploit. If you use Haxchi or CBHC, then updating to v5.5.2 should be harmless.

Online play still works on v5.5.1. There is no real reason to update to v5.5.2.

But if i would like to use one of those game exploits, where i buy a 6.99 euro game on the nintendo store, im forced to enter the eshop, and to enter the eshop i must have the latest update, so should i update to 5.5.2 to use the eshop > buy a game > exploit it > get haxchi > use homebrew launcher?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can still enter the eShop on v5.5.1 by running NNU-Patcher before opening eShop. You can also use NNU-Patcher to install game updates.

Spidpex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Also Updating my console, will it give me the ability to continue playing online on games thats installed, as before on 5.5.1? Will I finaly be able to play smash and mario kart online again?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also Updating my console, will it give me the ability to continue playing online on games thats installed, as before on 5.5.1? Will I finaly be able to play smash and mario kart online again?
You can already play games online using v5.5.1. There is no reason to update to v5.5.2.

Spidpex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So basicly, is there a guide for this NNU patcher? on how to install it and use it?

Could you link me a guide to it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just boot it up. don't enter system settings. that's basically it. if you're blocking the eshop with a proxy or dns, disable it.

Last edited by godreborn,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basicly, is there a guide for this NNU patcher? on how to install it and use it?

Could you link me a guide to it?
NNU-Patcher is easy to use. Download the app, put it onto your SD card, and run it with the Homebrew Launcher. After that, it will take you back to the home menu, where you can run eShop. Alternatively, you can download NNU-Patcher using the Homebrew App Store.

juts boot it up. don't enter system settings. that's basically it. if you're blocking the eshop with a proxy or dns, disable it.
If OP removes the DNS settings, the system will update to v5.5.2. There is no reason to remove the DNS settings before using NNU-Patcher.

Spidpex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well i already blocked my DNS settings, so i can't update the system or the system automaticly update itself, i should keep it like this, even when i enter the Nintendo shop, using the NNU patcher right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only mentioned the dns blocking the eshop as an example. if u have the servers blocked manually, the eshop ones will prevent access even with nnu patcher. that's how I have mine setup as an extra precaution. I have the dns servers the ones to block updates as well, so all I have to do access the eshop, on top nnu patcher, is to disable the proxy. the proxy settings r recorded, so I don't to reenter them once I'm done. I just to reenable it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And once im inside the Nintendo shop, i should buy either one of these games, correct?

http://www.wiiubru.com/go/haxchititles/

Do they all work for Wii U? even the mario 64 ds?
Super Mario 64 DS will work with Haxchi. However, Big Brain Academy and Brain Age should be the two cheapest options.

It should be noted that installing Haxchi is optional if you're alright with running the web browser exploit each time you want to run the Homebrew Launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?