Hacking Can I Downgrade A System With Nand Files From Another System I Own?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,669
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
Long story short, both of my capture cards are on 10.1(long story) but I have a system on 9.2 still with it's nand backed up. Is there a way that I can downgrade my other 2 systems? Maybe with a hard mod?

One is an XL and the other is a nonXL if that means anything(doubt it)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, both of my capture cards are on 10.1(long story) but I have a system on 9.2 still with it's nand backed up. Is there a way that I can downgrade my other 2 systems? Maybe with a hard mod?

One is an XL and the other is a nonXL if that means anything(doubt it)
No

Reactions: Zidapi

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask why? Not that I don't trust your answer. But I would like to learn the reasons as to why and what is preventing us from doing this.
Every console has a unique signature, the nand is encrypted and signed with that signature, if the signature doesn't match it won't boot, plain and simple.

Reactions: Deleted User

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask why? Not that I don't trust your answer. But I would like to learn the reasons as to why and what is preventing us from doing this.
NAND is encrypted and unique to the device. It's the same reason we can't just upload NAND backups on the internet and downgrade with a hardmod.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every console has a unique signature, the nand is encrypted and signed with that signature, if the signature doesn't match it won't boot, plain and simple.

Does this also account for two consoles with linked NANDs? I did a system transfer of an emunand to a sysnand. So both 3DS systems are running the same NAND and have the same set of software. Just curious. Either way it wouldn't work for me, since one is an N3DS.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does this also account for two consoles with linked NANDs? I did a system transfer of an emunand to a sysnand. So both 3DS systems are running the same NAND and have the same set of software. Just curious. Either way it wouldn't work for me, since one is an N3DS.
That doesn't change the encryption, the encryption key is burned into the CPU bootrom and can't be changed. It merely transfers over a few files to allow it to recognize encrypted SD card content, your eShop account and NNID.

It is theoretically possible to use a NAND backup from another console, but only as long as you have all the unique encryption keys of both consoles so that you can re-encrypt the files and the NAND image itself. Which would require both consoles to have been hacked at some point and the keys dumped, and no one's figured out exactly how to do it yet.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

OP

NAND is encrypted and unique to the device. It's the same reason we can't just upload NAND backups on the internet and downgrade with a hardmod.
I appreciate the help from both of you, and that you took the time to explain other then just saying "no."

I knew it wasn't possible a few months ago, but I wasn't sure if that status changed or what the exact reason was to why we couldn't. Over payday I will probably order another capture card, or sell one of mine here once I can get access to the BST.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the help from both of you, and that you took the time to explain other then just saying "no."

I knew it wasn't possible a few months ago, but I wasn't sure if that status changed or what the exact reason was to why we couldn't. Over payday I will probably order another capture card, or sell one of mine here once I can get access to the BST.
You should be able to remove the capture cards and reinstall one into the exploitable console.

D

Deleted User

OP
You should be able to remove the capture cards and reinstall one into the exploitable console.
If I can get Loopy or someone else that is trusted to do it for me then I'm all for it. However I can't solder for the life of me, so for me it would be easier to just sell and buy another. But depending on how busy Loopy is he may just allow me to exchange it since he gave me the last one for free :)

D

Deleted User

OP
well if he is busy @hundshamer could probably do it :P

i would say check with loopy first though
If he is up for it and if the price is right, then I don't mind sending it to him. I know he is on the trusted side of this, and have talked to him slightly about hard modding these capture cards as well. So it may work out for the best if he is interested and capable of a CC swap

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If he is up for it and if the price is right, then I don't mind sending it to him. I know he is on the trusted side of this, and have talked to him slightly about hard modding these capture cards as well. So it may work out for the best if he is interested and capable of a CC swap
yeah i guess then you could get nand modded while your there, kill 2 birds an all that :P

actually depending on the capture card i know some use a weird replacement shell as they are fatter, if its one of those ones it would probably have to be matching style systems i.e XL and XL or normal and normal so the board can simply be swapped over

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: