Hacking Can i do this

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello all,

I have a O3ds XL which i just installed al9h and Luma.
I updated it to the latest firmware which is 11.0.3 i believe.
I also have a Gateway card and was wondering am i able to use it with Luma and al9h?
I read about bricks so wanted to be 100% sure.

Thanks

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
No, Gateway is not updated for 11.3 yet.
Posted on Feb 13th

Just a quick update about the new Nintendo 11.3 firmware support on Emunand.

As indicated before, we are working really hard to release as soon as possible our new major update that will once again revolutionize the (N)3DS scene. As it is now getting very close, we might have to delay the Emunand latest Nintendo firmware support by a couple of weeks max. We will keep you posted very soon, and be sure that as always, we will offer full support for all Gateway user,even for day one buyers from 4 years ago!

For now, please do not update your Emunand until you can read the confirmationof support for 11.3 here.

Thank you for your patience, more to come very soon!
and

11.3.0-36 Breaks GW. GW currently DOES NOT support 11.3. You will either brick or lose A9LH. More than likely it seems you will just lose A9LH.

Again, if you attempt to boot GW Mode, while on 11.3, you will lose A9LH or brick.

If you want to use 11.3, you will not be able to use GW. Don't even try. Only use Luma3DS or other CFW that support 11.3.

As a reminder, update using Luma3DS. Since this update breaks GW. Don't update to 11.3 if you want to continue using GW Mode.

from Temptress Cerise's thread

Last edited by Ante0,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
NO! GATEWAY. BREAKS. A9LH.
You are really only half right. Gateway 3DS lacks FIRM 0/1 protection, so updating the sysNAND removes A9LH. But updating an emuNAND would be fine. Just right now GatewayCFW is using an older NATIVE_FIRM, so it won't load.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're in gateway mode, you don't have firm protection in place. When you update while in gateway mode, you lose A9LH because the firm is overwritten. This is the only reason gateway should ever break your A9LH, unless you do something really stupid.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So what shall i do just wait for Gateway to release support for 11.3?
Once they update Gateway do i just put Blue card in and install then enter Gateway by the normal mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr