OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
I have a few games that i broke. So i use them through USB loader. And i really want to play online. So if i play a game like SSBB or any other WIFI game could i be banned from online usage? (i use netflix on it so i can't be banned or else my life is over)

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Generally, unless you're cheating, Nintendo won't ban you from Wi-Fi for any reason. They're pretty lax, unlike Xbox Live.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
tagzard said:
I have a few games that i broke. So i use them through USB loader. And i really want to play online. So if i play a game like SSBB or any other WIFI game could i be banned from online usage? (i use netflix on it so i can't be banned or else my life is over)
No they wont ban you.
And they ban you if you cheat but you can create a new savegame

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
tagzard said:
Sir VG said:
Generally, unless you're cheating, Nintendo won't ban you from Wi-Fi for any reason. They're pretty lax, unlike Xbox Live.
So i can't use cheats online?
Of course you can't, it ruins the others' online experience. That's a good reason for a ban.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
tagzard said:
Sir VG said:
So i can't use cheats online?
Nintendo Code of Conduct:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w.../privacyCoC.jsp

It's addressed in the 7th bullet point.

I have no idea how hard they enforce their 'no-cheat' rule, but it does exist.

The lack of bans on modded wiis is why I play wii the most, but I highly doubt they vigorously enforce the no cheat rule, unless you are so obvious with your cheats. I don't think they even try to enforce this rule on non-nintendo franchises like cod cuz I've seen host hacks on cod games and those people don't get banned. Don't worry, the worse thing you can do is hit the update button on the wii menu XD

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consideirng how long the Wii has been out the lack of any banning indicates to me

1) They are incapable of detecting this
2) They are incapable of implementing bans

If you really think about it the entire online strategy for Nintendo in the Wii/DS world is basically non-existent. They 'might' get more serious with the 3DS since they seem to be better at actually detecting the flashcart and logging it.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I ply online regularly with games backed up to my hardrive! I have never got banned but as for cheating and hacking, Nintendo and some 3RD party companies have taken steps to stop online cheating AS THEY SHOULD!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the "system menu" version doesn't affect the ability to play a game offline or online.
What is important is the IOS installed and used to launch the game.

Most games use old IOS, so you shouldn't have any problem.
Follow modMii tutorial if you want to hack your Wii.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you cheat online i hope you do get banned
laugh.gif

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Consideirng how long the Wii has been out the lack of any banning indicates to me

1) They are incapable of detecting this
2) They are incapable of implementing bans

If you really think about it the entire online strategy for Nintendo in the Wii/DS world is basically non-existent. They 'might' get more serious with the 3DS since they seem to be better at actually detecting the flashcart and logging it.

They ARE capable of detecting cheats, but it is usually integrated into the individual game and not the system itself. CAPCOM is the most active I know in detecting this. In MH3 you will get banned for 10 days for cheating once and banned for life for cheating again...

edit: cheats only suck in games where people play against other people. Once I finish a game legit I will experiment with cheats to have some EXTRA fun. Cheats on cod and mk suck ass cuz it just ruins the game, yet cheaters don't ever get banned or caught
hate2.gif

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems more likely that certain games will ban you from their services, but nintendo wont ban you themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: