Hacking Can GBA games use EZ Flash 3-in-1 Rumble?

Mrnoname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a GBA game that supports rumble when used with the Gameboy Player, but is it possible to use the EZ Flash 3-in-1 rumble? Maybe with a ROM patch or emulation of the gameboy player BIOS?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rumble supported DS games work perfectly in conjunction with akaio ( Acecard )
For GBA rumble supported games it is not clear, maybe via NOR Flasing, but I doubt it will work out of the box.

What game are you trying to get "rumbling"?
Is it Drill Dozer? since it's the only game supporting rumble besides the motion controlled wario twisted game.....

Last edited by Hielkenator,

Mrnoname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, in which rumble obviously isn't required, and it might not even add anything to the experience, but it would be interesting to try, as I don't have a Gameboy Player (which, even if I did, I would use this controller or this adapter, neither of which support rumble).

Edit: Now that I think about it, Drill Dozer had a built-in rumble pack, which could be easier to implement than the Gameboy Player and Gamecube controller.

Last edited by Mrnoname,

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been quite a long time since I used my 3in1 (which is now muffed up), but if I remember right only DS games supported the rumble because of the way the cart was made to only be able to access either the flash or the rumble feature and not both at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either