Can games bite my ears?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure if biting is something specific.

Anyway yes games produce sound, or can cause your sound producing device to emit sound. If said device and said headphones are capable of it (it is very very easy to get things that will, indeed a lot of things will) then the combination can cause physical discomfort and ultimately hearing damage, assuming that is what you mean by biting. It is actually quite the problem and a lot of younger people are experiencing hearing loss because of such things -- France, and by extension most of Europe as it will tend to get the same devices, places limits on the volume output of devices that go to headphones because of this. Things you put in your ears are probably worse for it (I could cover sound physics and how loudness is measured but suffice it to say closeness is a factor and that difference between almost in ear canal and a can over your ear makes a fair bit of difference) but it is far from exclusive to it.

You might also mean can games cause clipping in audio? In that case yes they can and though I do not want to be too down on game audio producers/masterers they are hardly immune to making things that cause clipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum