Hacking Can CFW be uninstalled?

DrkrZen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious about this. I recently installed Luma3DS and various tickets for my physical game collection, basically transitioning it to a digital game collection for ease of access, yada yada yada.

But can CFW be uninstalled? And, if it can, will doing so reverse any of the aforementioned processes? Will the digital titles still both be usable, and considered purchased in the eShop?

Also, one other question... was there anything that needed to be done, following the 3DSguide installment, related to online play? I hadn't changed anything in my internet settings (still on Google DNS/3DS in DMZ), but only Pokemon and eShop work for me, while I continuously get "Failed to connect to partner's device" errors in games like MHGen, FFEX, SSB and various other games that I've played online before all get 006-0612 or 018-0516'd.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DrkrZen,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can uninstall a9lh using SafeArm9Installer and choosing the uninstall option. However pirated material will no longer work and will not be able to be installed, and if you're on 11.4, your device will be unhackable (I'm not sure if the current version of SafeArm9Installer prevents you from uninstalling on a nonhackable version though.)

If you're trying to do local play, make sure the game regions match. Pokémon probably works because it is the same file across all regions.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: DrkrZen and Zidapi

DrkrZen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay. Thanks a bunch. I was curious if tickets installed, to make the eShop think they were purchased, would remain that way upon uninstalling CFW.

So, I assume installing a ticket, making the eShop think a game is purchased, then system transferring would undo all those games on my NNID, as well?

And, hey, thanks again for the help Quantumcat. Seen you a few times, now, in both my threads asking questions. I appreciate it. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, okay. Thanks a bunch. I was curious if tickets installed, to make the eShop think they were purchased, would remain that way upon uninstalling CFW.

So, I assume installing a ticket, making the eShop think a game is purchased, then system transferring would undo all those games on my NNID, as well?

And, hey, thanks again for the help Quantumcat. Seen you a few times, now, in both my threads asking questions. I appreciate it. :)
No worries. When you system transfer, fake tickets don't get transferred, only tickets for bought content.

Reactions: DrkrZen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0