Gaming can anyone help me with something (ps1 to ps3 question)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need to convert 2 game saves for my ps1 games to ps3 and i don't know how to do it

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/save/crash_bash.GME

this is one of them but the other i have to get from an emulator and post it on megaupload or something.

all i just need is some one to convert the crash bash gme save to psv if that's possbile and i'll get the other save in like 5-19 minutes.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokefreak2008 said:
if you have a usb device you can put the save on the usb device then transfer the save to the ps3

i tried that and switched the name and no luck.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found only one way to do it (psv files are encrypted, and I think there's no program to encrypt/decrypt them yet).

You need to use a hacked PSP to launch the PS1 game in poploader with an additionnal plugin which let you load .mcr file as memory card.
- Install the memory card manager plugin
- Load the .mcr file as the current memory card in PSP RAM.
- Load your save and re-save the game to write the current memory card loaded in RAM as a real PSP save file.
- Then connect the PSP to PS3 via USB and go to PS1/2 data management, go into the PSP icon and you will see the memory cards with the savefile content. you can now transfer them to PS3.
- Then you can export it in .psv if you really need it in that format.

here is a tutorial :
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=10468

I did it and successfully loaded on PS3 my Castlevania Symphony of the Night NTSC-U save I created on WiiSX
tongue.gif

I didn't try with a memory card full of different games, but I think it will work. You just need 1 save from the game you have on PSP in order to load& re-save it.

You may need MemManager to convert memory card formats from gme to ePSXe .mcr file.

I didn't try, but maybe with a hacked PS3 you can also transfer a raw PS1 save into the internal HDD using an ftp server.

To create a raw save file format :
- Launch PSX Raw Converter
- Click ok on the hardware warning (you don't need to configure it you don't have any hardware attached to PC)
- Load the memory card (.mcr, .gme, mc, etc.)
- select the game you want to export
- select File > Save Single Game Save, and save the file as .mcs
- drag and drop the .mcs into PSX Game Edit 1.60
- It will create a new file named after the game ID (ex. BASCUS-94570 for your crash bandicot save you linked in first post)

I didn't test that on PS3, I'm just explaining how to convert a save to RAW.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i tried that raw convter thing... did not work oh well i guess i'll have to unlock everything honest john i guess thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended