Can anyone help me with an iPad

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Yiffna, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    you could always jailbreak it if an exploit is available for your current firmware

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Aruba
    Open Paypal dispute and you will get your money back no problem even if they left eBay.

3. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    The first thought that popped into my mind when I read this was that the eBay seller sold a stolen iPad and ran off once they got rid of it.

4. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    How do you want to do that on an iPad :P? They only have an IMEI when it is a cellular version.

5. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    It's irrelevant regardless, seeing as how they bought it over eBay and can't really check anything.

6. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    oups,you are right baby my mistake,thank you very much baby for make it clear

7. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Sorry OP, but you likely have a stolen device and I'm going to lock this topic since GBAtemp is not the place to discuss how to get stolen property working again. I realise that you may be an innocent buyer, but the only thing you can really do is to try to get hold of the seller and get a refund or attempt to contact the owner or possibly the police since you're in possession of stolen property.

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo I'm Henery the Eighth, I am!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    That's not necessarily true. Most of the time, these are devices simply sold to third party resellers where the original owner forgot or didn't know or couldn't disable the iCloud lock. Usually third party resellers buy iPads with broken screens and such for cheap, replace the screen, and then sell it off as refurbished without bothering/caring it has an iCloud lock.

It's a small minority of stolen iDevices that are sold via places like eBay or Swappable or whatever. These days, if someone is selling a stolen iDevice, they replace the mobo so the serial number can't be blocked or detected as stolen.

VinsCool and mech like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.