Can anyone help me fix this phone ?

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a USA tmobile htc sensation with beats audio . The phone is old as hell , and this is all I can access with the phone , I have been looking for the stock rom to load on it , but everyone I have tried , I get the error about it not being the right file . If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated . I have included photos to show you what I'm talking about.

2cfdxc8.jpg

x2syt2.jpg

fjgjlj.jpg

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try finding the RUU for that phone, the correct one with the correct radio, since you're S-OFF you can even flash a recovery, so its up to you, either use the RUU and restore the stock rom, or install clockworkmod recovery and install a custom rom like Cyanogenmod.

Be extra careful if you're gonna use the RUU, you'll need to relock your bootloader and you'll need the correct exact version of that RUU or else you'll hard brick your phone, or if you wanna play safe just use a custom rom.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Take a look over on XDA there will be a suitable tutorial for you to get a stock or custom rom installed on your phone, what happens when you boot the phone normally?......................sudeki300

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look over on XDA there will be a suitable tutorial for you to get a stock or custom rom installed on your phone, what happens when you boot the phone normally?......................sudeki300
It hangs at the beats audio logo , I have tried a ton of those PG58 files that were supposed to work , but everyone I tried from the sd card I get the same result as in pic 3. I haven't posted this thread in XDA yet , because I was hoping some here could help . I have never had this issue with other phones , by that I mean , recovering from an sd card or computer , but this one is beaing a bitch for some reason.
This is why posted the pics , hoping someone here has had the same problem and can give a step by step on how to fix it , with links to the stock rom and all .

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It hangs at the beats audio logo , I have tried a ton of those PG58 files that were supposed to work , but everyone I tried from the sd card I get the same result as in pic 3. I haven't posted this thread in XDA yet , because I was hoping some here could help . I have never had this issue with other phones , by that I mean , recovering from an sd card or computer , but this one is beaing a bitch for some reason.
This is why posted the pics , hoping someone here has had the same problem and can give a step by step on how to fix it , with links to the stock rom and all .

If you already have stock rom just go to recovery and hopefully you'll have the stock recovery which will reset the stock rom, fixing the beats audio logo hanging.

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said the stock rom hangs on the bootlogo, so hboot its his only way to go.

Also, pretty sure it was Vol down + POWER, I own a HTC myself so I know what I'm speaking of.

You are correct and still , I cant make this thing work . when I do the cid commad I get 11111111
I cant find the command for current software number version , or whatever its called

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He said the stock rom hangs on the bootlogo, so hboot its his only way to go.

Also, pretty sure it was Vol down + POWER, I own a HTC myself so I know what I'm speaking of.

you say you own a HTC phone but was not entirely sure how to boot into recovery, we all own HTC phone or we wouldn't be offering advise.

most of the time when the phone hangs at boot logo (splash screen) or bootloops it means the firmware is not correct for the rom installed. as your S-OFF that means that any firmware / rom can be installed and that is why it is probably hanging as the previous owner didn't check that the firmware and rom were compatible with each other. i would grab ADB and do the "fastboot getvar all" command this will give a list of everything that is on the phone. try that and post the log on here..................................sudeki300

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C:\Android>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.23.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 11.19.3504.29_2
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 3.12.401.102
INFOserialno: MB147T504564
INFOimei: 355066047512167
INFOproduct: pyramid
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PG5810000
INFOcidnum: 11111111
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4212mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: baf31577
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.494s

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i'm at work at the moment so i have limited internet, follow the link that Ground posted earlier in the thread for the RUU's. just make sure that the hboot version and radio versions are the same as yours or higher, connect the phone to the pc and run the signed RUU.exe. any problems come back here and i'll try to help the best i can from my work desk..............................sudeki300

please remember to read all the info about the RUU's first. this will make the process alot easier. another tip you have S-OFF and superCID.

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
RUU_PYRAMID_ICS_TMOUS_3.32.531.14_Radio_11.69A.3504.00U_11.23.3504.07_M2_release_256085_signed
This is the exe that I'm trying , it says it will take about 10 mins to do it , but nothing is happening , it looks stuck at waiting for bootloader

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what sensation is it that you have, its either a normal sensation, sensation XE or a sensation 4G. the RUU your using looks to be for the 4G model. on your screenshots it just says pyramid, not pyramid LE or pyramid TMOUS. grab an RUU with just pyramid in the name, make sure the phone is showing fastboot usb on the screen......................sudeki300

i would give the following RUU a go:

RUU_PYRAMID_ICS_HTC_Europe_3.32.401.5_Radio_11.69.3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M_release_246089_signed.exe

matches your location code (401 world wide english - europe undranded) and would update firmware and radio.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you say you own a HTC phone but was not entirely sure how to boot into recovery, we all own HTC phone or we wouldn't be offering advise.

most of the time when the phone hangs at boot logo (splash screen) or bootloops it means the firmware is not correct for the rom installed. as your S-OFF that means that any firmware / rom can be installed and that is why it is probably hanging as the previous owner didn't check that the firmware and rom were compatible with each other. i would grab ADB and do the "fastboot getvar all" command this will give a list of everything that is on the phone. try that and post the log on here..................................sudeki300

Bootloader unlocked is almost the same as S-OFF since it does allow you to install every custom rom you want, my guess is he corrupted his stock rom somehow, thus told him to access recovery WHICH YOU CAN from HBOOT itself, its not recommended to run an RUU because if you don't know what you're doing and you flash the wrong RUU with a different radio firmware, you can hard brick your phone, also not sure if you can actually share RUU's nor ROMs around here since they may or may not be filled with viruses and or brickers.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bootloader unlocked is almost the same as S-OFF since it does allow you to install every custom rom you want, my guess is he corrupted his stock rom somehow, thus told him to access recovery WHICH YOU CAN from HBOOT itself, its not recommended to run an RUU because if you don't know what you're doing and you flash the wrong RUU with a different radio firmware, you can hard brick your phone, also not sure if you can actually share RUU's nor ROMs around here since they may or may not be filled with viruses and or brickers.

why are you now saying it's not recommended to run a RUU file when it was the first piece of advice you gave him in this very thread. always used RUU from the xda links and never heard any reports of them having viruses or being brickers, of someone bricks their phone it is usually from the user being uninformed.................................sudeki300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1