ROM Hack can anyone correct Age of Empires Mythologies?

assonfire21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Age of Empires Mythologies" is a potential game but ruined by retarded developers who knows nothing about mythology.

for example:
- Poseidon has no access to cyclops but ironically his brothers (Zeus & Hades) do instead;
- Hades has no access to Underworld Passage but ironically his brothers (Zeus & Poseidon) do instead ...etc
(similar avoidable mistakes are 4 times more than that)

i was told that Source Code is needed to sort out that problem.
can anyone adjust it?
i wouldn't mind to pay for this service coz its frustrating to see such a potential game wasted like this.

(i think this might involve hacking, apologise is i post in the wrong forum)

assonfire21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something like that ruins a game for you? Damn dude, get a life.

i care about both gameplay & historical accuracy (in this case mythological)

unlike some uneducated people who only play games and not willing to learn the truth behind the game.

and now u're just telling me how uneducated u are, Pr0xy. i guess u don't even understand how wrong the game setting is be4 u comment. Hades is the Lord of Underworld and Poseidon is the Father of Cyclops. give u an advice Pr0xy, leave a comment unless u got some knowledge in that topic otherwise u're just making jokes of yourself :lol:

similar avoidable mistakes in that game are 4 times more than i've listed. but i'm not writing down the whole list unless i got the chance to correct the game.

yes i got a life & i want to improve things in my spare time.

btw do my opinion & preference bother u? damn dude, get a life

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh, missed this the other day.

Anyway no you do not need source code, this is classic ROM hacking territory. I would approach it in a similar way to people approaching item equip hacks -- you usually find there is either a value with the player character that allows items to be equipped, a value with the item that says what players can do it or a table that combines the two. Finding where this is can be tricky though -- I have not really got any methods like I have for stats, text encoding or graphics you see on a screen.
I would probably go the stats route as cooldown times, mana costs, damage, range and whatever else tend to be bundled in with such things.

If there are any cheats to allow such things then do have a look at those. Also if there are any character swap cheats then that could also be useful.

It has been quite some time since I played this game so I can not remember many of the specifics. However I can fairly safely say this is a reasonable request and not one of the crazy ones we sometimes get around here.

By the way paying for hacks tends not to be done for legal/ethics reasons, and even if you somehow find a hacker willing and able then it kind of has to go consultant rates.

Reactions: assonfire21

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No doubt a piece of software like tinke will probably be used, however in and of itself tinke or something like it will probably not do you much good here.

The first site looks like it is aimed at pokemon hacking, one of the few games/franchises that routinely gets people delve right into it and build tools with the info they find, and as such is not likely to be of much use to you in this project.

The project is likely to be one that will see you wanting to know a fair bit about hacking/cheat making. Once you know what you need to fiddle with it is likely going to be a couple of dozen bytes at best that need changing, however the trick is getting to that stage in the first place. Fortunately the DS is well documented ( http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm ), has great debugging emulators ( http://problemkaputt.de/gba.htm#debug is now freeware which is nice), has many people doing work in it (this section, http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2014-edition-out.73394/ being my guide to it all) and the system tends to have enough resources that you are not always scraping around trying to get enough to do what you want.

pr0xy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you at least attempt to spell properly before you try and insult someone's intelligence? Kind of loses its effect when you sound like a moron...

assonfire21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you at least attempt to spell properly before you try and insult someone's intelligence? Kind of loses its effect when you sound like a moron...

Thanks for coming back with more joke of yourself pr0xy. :lol:

Joke of the day: "when u're speechless, change the topic & talk about spellings". :grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: