Gaming Can amiibo be action figures

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, they are static figurines, they dont have movable joints and no, mario will not transform into optimus prime

Complete and utter nonsense. Club Nintendo's Platinum reward tier will include an Indian in the Cupboard, Cupboard. That alone will bring these figures to life. It's the only way they can train for Super Smash Bros. after all.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What you see is what you get, so like Mario, he's in that stance and that's it.

I plan on getting them and perhaps not take them out of the box (I usually don't take them if they come with).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You probably can't get them to work if you leave them in the box.

The figures don't unlock new content they're like USB sticks which you save data onto and at times show up an additional character to save you from your death (Smash Bros. for Wii U), so that's not really useful for me anyway.

rcvwMG9.png
The boxes for these once they're opened they can be re-glued but the damaged marks will be visible which is something I wouldn't want for my collection.​

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The figures don't unlock new content they're like USB sticks which you save data onto and at times show up an additional character to save you from your death (Smash Bros. for Wii U), so that's not really useful for me anyway.

They do something. What's the point of buying them if you don't want to use them for anything?

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can if you use your imagination

Money is a finite resource. I'm a grown man, don't need stupid toys. The $15 you spend on a useless Amiibo would be better spent on booze or steak or something. I might buy one, but I'm not about to collect thousands of dollars worth of useless nintendo stuff that won't appreciate much in value.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
They do something. What's the point of buying them if you don't want to use them for anything?

We all know what the 'something' is and for me that's not really the selling point, the selling point is how they're going to look all nicely altogether in their boxes in pristine condition.

As a collector the figures which have boxes stay inside of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended