Can a Wii play DVDs on 4.3u?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SuperTrever, Apr 18, 2011.

Apr 18, 2011

SuperTrever New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I've been trying to use WiiMC to play a DVD but it keeps telling me that I'm using an invalid disk.
    • Global Moderator

FIX94 Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Germany

SuperTrever New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Dang. It says I have GC2-D3-2 (v2). Theres absolutely no way to work around this besides buying a mod chip?
    • Global Moderator

FIX94 Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Germany
    You could use a USB HDD or buy a old wii drive which you could build in, but that's not very easy and your warranty would be gone. Even a modchip would not work because it's a D3-2.

SuperTrever New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Okay. I'll figure it out:P thanks!

Hells Guardian New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Only options are USB loader for wii and hard mods for GC. If I'm not mistaken a wiikey fusion still works on the latest revision of the drives at least from the SD card. AS for movies and such USB hard drive again.

Your other option is to buy a new Wii disc drive that is very easily swapped out for the current one. It only requires three things to install a new drive.
    1. A triwing screwdriver
    2. You must know how to use a screwdriver. (If you don't put the wii down and back away slowly before you hurt yourself)
    3. That you be careful not to break any parts inside. don't worry too much as with every Nintendo system I've ever taken apart it's very strong and well built. but still be careful.

Oh and you must be able to switch the cables to the new drive. again very easy just take from one find where it goes on the other and put it in there. the hardest part is getting the ribbon cable into place while still trying to clip it down but if you do things right thats easy too.