Hacking CakesFW or AuReiNand with a9lh?

Which do you prefer? CakesFW or AuReiNand with a9lh.

• CakesFW

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • AuReiNand

Votes: 55 91.7%

• Total voters

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
You'll need to use something like decrypt9 to inject it into the H&S application.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

Thanks, the problem I have is i cannot load decrypt9 (or emunand9) either via l+r at boot (black screens) or HBL.. (red flashes then kick back to HBL menu).. I believe I need a payload but have no idea where to find it? Thanks

... Do i need to update to latest version to get any of them to boot? Currently 9.2

Last edited by LuigiXL,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, the problem I have is i cannot load decrypt9 (or emunand9) either via l+r at boot (black screens) or HBL.. (red flashes then kick back to HBL menu).. I believe I need a payload but have no idea where to find it? Thanks
You need to load it with l+r at boot. Did you rename decrypt9WIP.bin to default.bin and put it in your /aurei/payloads folder?

Reactions: LuigiXL

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the latest version of Decrypt9WIP. Place the decrypt9wip.bin file in a folder called /payloads/ within the /aurei/ folder. Rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to default.bin.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to load it with l+r at boot. Did you rename decrypt9WIP.bin to default.bin and put it in your /aurei/payloads folder?

No, that'll be why! Thanks ill try it now!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download the latest version of Decrypt9WIP. Place the decrypt9wip.bin file in a folder called /payloads/ within the /aurei/ folder. Rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to default.bin.

Thanks, oddly it still gives me a black screen on boot (no backlight). (I am on sysnand 9.2 a9lh, the Decrypt9WIP tut says to use an emunand, but as im a9lh does that not apply?) thanks so much!

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
That fork should work. Are you using the most recent version of AuReiNAND?

He's most likely using Delebile's fork (which includes screen init). Even if he wasn't using his fork, latest version of AuReiNAND includes screen init in the boot manager.
Yeah, that guide uses the web compiler that uses Delebile's fork.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
That fork should work. Are you using the most recent version of AuReiNAND?

Yeah, that guide uses the web compiler that uses Delebile's fork.

AuReiNandv3.8 is what I am using, should i update (if there is one?)?

Yes I have another XL a9lh which does display info on the screen as it boots up, whereas this o3ds just stays black until booting into menu. Thanks for all the help!

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuReiNandv3.8 is what I am using, should i update (if there is one?)?

Yes I have another XL a9lh which does display info on the screen as it boots up, whereas this o3ds just stays black until booting into menu. Thanks for all the help!
When updating don't forget to delete the "patched_" files.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to update to 3.11.
When updating don't forget to delete the "patched_" files.

You guys are the best! Thanks so much! :D How did i get this far?! :rofl2: I'll call it an off-day!
Kudos!..

Just a final Q.. I used Tubehaxx dns to block updates, am I good to unblock that and update via the system settings? Or would you recommend sysUpdater and cias? Thanks!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You guys are the best! Thanks so much! :D How did i get this far?! :rofl2: I'll call it an off-day!
Kudos!..

Just a final Q.. I used Tubehaxx dns to block updates, am I good to unblock that and update via the system settings? Or would you recommend sysUpdater and cias? Thanks!
With AuReiNAND it's perfectly safe to update through system settings :)

Glad I could help out :D

tangotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH need to be installed on sysNAND. You can use both on both NANDs and AuReiNand can play GBA/DS games too
how would I proceed... because I would rather have a emunand with a lower fw 9.2 is ok. with Aureinand(where should I start??. I'm pretty new with all this..since I come from cfw on the sony side(ps3/psp/psvita/vita_tv) and the 1st thing I did was get a9lh. [emoji12]

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu