Hacking CakesFW or AuReiNand with a9lh?

Which do you prefer? CakesFW or AuReiNand with a9lh.

• CakesFW

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • AuReiNand

Votes: 55 91.7%

• Total voters

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Cakes Emunand as default (visible menu for configuration, multi-emunand up to 4), stable, no need to update and change things every single day :P
L for AuReiNand 9.0
R for Decrypt9WIP

7.5s booting into Emunand, as fast as OFW Sysnand with SD.

CakesFW 138 Emunand
2016-03-18_155521.jpg

OFW Sysnand with SD
2016-03-18_163503.jpg

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cakes Emunand as default (visible menu for configuration, multi-emunand up to 4)
L for AuReiNand 9.0
R for Decrypt9WIP

7.5s booting into Emunand, as fast as OFW Sysnand with SD.

CakesFW 138 EmunandView attachment 43136

OFW Sysnand with SD View attachment 43137
What SD card do you have? I can't get my 3DS to boot faster than 10 seconds, and I use sysNAND. I've tried Cakes, AuReiNAND, and some other private CFW.
They all boot in 10 seconds.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use a9lh with emunand? I think emunand is safer since if you screw it no problem it is just a emunand and easy to restore a backup.

You can, but with A9LH with CakesFW or AuReiNand if you brick it's easy to restore as emuNAND with Decrypt9WIP

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been working on multiple things (mostly adding stuff to ctrulib).. kinda was getting burnt out from reinand.. But I uploaded the reinand mod i used for my dev unit for a while.. i just happened to come back to it months later and fixed a few things, rebased it and voila, emuannd on dev units x3
I'll try to push a branch for o3ds soon-ish.

Maybe I'm late to reply, but hey, ctrulib improvements are really helpfull, cant think of something better now with all these arm9 privileges =)

What SD card do you have? I can't get my 3DS to boot faster than 10 seconds, and I use sysNAND. I've tried Cakes, AuReiNAND, and some other private CFW.
They all boot in 10 seconds.

Try using smaller SD cards. I use a 32gb one and always boot in something beetween 7-10sec on Sysnand using Cakes. The icons take a little extra seconds to load tho.

Last edited by gkoelho,

tangotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so.. in theory I can remake. my emunand and install a9lh with Aureinand on emunand and keep my cakes? on my the sysnand(which is what I'm doing right now)

since I do wanna play gba/ds games

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
so.. in theory I can remake. my emunand and install a9lh with Aureinand on emunand and keep my cakes? on my the sysnand(which is what I'm doing right now)

since I do wanna play gba/ds games

A9LH need to be installed on sysNAND. You can use both on both NANDs and AuReiNand can play GBA/DS games too

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH need to be installed on sysNAND. You can use both on both NANDs and AuReiNand can play GBA/DS games too
Yeah, AuReiNAND is the only CFW that allows you to play games such as Smash Bros/Monster Hunter (games that reboot when exiting) and GBA/DSiWare games at the same time. Cakes doesn't. In Cakes you need to have a compromise, either GBA/DSiWare, or games such as Smash Bros. This is why I recommend AuReiNAND over Cakes, especially on an o3DS.

Reactions: tangotnt

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember you, I helped you fix your issue yesterday. :P You're using AuReiNAND.

Haha, you did! I was confused because when i go into System Settings i dont have Rei pre-fix on the FW.. That made the think I am kicking into sysnand? Thanks for help...

Note i am also to remove the SD... I am guessing i need to try and run the hax again?.. If i try and boot without the SD its black screen..

Last edited by LuigiXL,

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, you did! I was confused because when i go into System Settings i dont have Rei pre-fix on the FW.. That made the think I am kicking into sysnand? Thanks for help...

Note i am also to remove the SD... I am guessing i need to try and run the hax again?
It's not supposed to show that. AuReiNAND doesn't change the Ver. string in the System Settings. Also, doesn't really matter if you remove the SD card, you're on your sysNAND, so your 3DS won't crash if you remove it.

Reactions: LuigiXL

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not supposed to show that. AuReiNAND doesn't change the Ver. string in the System Settings. Also, doesn't really matter if you remove the SD card, you're on your sysNAND, so your 3DS won't crash if you remove it.

Thanks, I stupidly confused the fact i am booting SysNand/aurei and haven't "created" an emunand.. Should L+R on power on show me Emunand9? Because I get a black screen still if i try that.. Much appreciated :D

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I stupidly confused the fact i am booting SysNand/aurei and haven't "created" an emunand.. Should L+R on power on show me Emunand9? Because I get a black screen still if i try that.. Much appreciated :D
You'd need to add in a payload to be able to do that.
I'd say don't bother with an emuNAND anymore. SysNAND is as safe as emuNAND on A9LH.

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I've use CakedFW because I've read somewhere that Cakes has GBA support without the need of doing anything.

I still haven't installed any GBA VC, what CFW do I need to play GBA VC without having to patch agb_firm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.