Gaming Buying Switch soon

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oi laddies!

It seems that I'll be buying Switch rather soon and I was wondering..what are the accessories that I need the most?
I don't have much funds available so please keep that in mind. :)

Also, is it smart to buy additional joycons? I mean, does any game even support 4 players so far apart from MK?

Take care lads!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Reactions: fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is tempered glass really that neccesary? I mean I've never protected my N3DS (thats what she said) but its still unscratched after years of use.

D

Deleted-355425

Hori stand, screen protector and a case and the pro controller.

Edit: I don’t use the tempered glass as I don’t like how raised it makes the edges of the screen, I use the film ones by hori.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen protector, carrying case, any kind of stand, either a battery pack for the switch of an external USB C charger (I got a 10400MaH for $23 on amazon), an N2 Elite if you don't want to carry all your amiibo around, and a set of joycon covers that have the little bump on them for your hands

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buy a decent screen protector, cheap fake tempered ones are too thick and the dock can scratch them.

Other than that my advice would be don't buy into all the accessories unless you really want them, everything in the box is good to go and use that money on games instead.

The eshop is chock full of <£10 games to buy, recommended Golf Story, Stardew Valley, KoF98, Shock troopers and only slightly more expensive Sonic Mania, Blaster Master, Gunvolt Burst.

Save money on cheap plastics for great cheap games.

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you everyone for lengthy, good replies and suggestions!

I'll most likely go with a Hori screen protecor and carrying poach.
As for the pro controller vs joypads, I cant really decide.
Id love to play with 4 but then again...pro controller looks damn nice and is cheaper (but not cheap by ANY means)

Reactions: Deleted-355425

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Mario Kart, you can play with 1 joy con, meaning you can already play 2 players with the set that comes with the switch.

Only thing that is necessary would be a screen protector as the screen scratches easy. I personally also have a case and the pro controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1