Hacking Buying R4 for 3DS XL

Firesyne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading a few posts on this forum it seems that a good choice for me would be to buy the R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) For my Nintendo 3DS XL.
Most people keep saying that the 3DS is the same as the 3DS XL but every time I go to attempt buying a card from the USA stores listed on www.r4ids.cn, Each site seems to steer me more toward the deluxe version of the card for XL consoles which is unfortunately more expensive So I am slightly confused.

Can I just buy the regular R4i Gold 3DS or do I really really need the deluxe version for it to work on my XL?
I would really prefer to get the cheapest one I could get so I appreciate any responses.

Also, Just curious but not really important, will any card I buy for my 3DS XL also work for DS Lite consoles or DSi's?

I previously used the Acekard2i For the older consoles I still own but it doesn't work on my 3DS XL.

Okay so mainly I just want to know if I HAVE to buy the deluxe version of this card or no?
Thanks!:unsure:

Firesyne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I apologize if this has been answered somewhere before on the site I can't seem to find it.
I haven't had one of these cards in a while so I am a little rusty on information and slightly lost at times.... Even after reading a bunch of different posts on the subject.
So I extremely appreciate anybody's help in the subject!:wub:
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (In advance) :(

r4igold3dsusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.r4igold3dsusa.com
XP
Country
United States
the r4i gold 3ds card is used for playing ds games on your 3ds and ds consoles (working with V8.1.0-19 and any other firmwares)
the r4i gold 3ds deluxe version is used for playing 3ds games (only working with V4.1 to V4.5)
and yeah, the r4i gold 3ds card is working on 3ds xl, 3ds, dsi and ds consoles.
Here is the US based site to buy r4i gold 3ds: http://www.r4igold3dsusa.com/genuin...eal-time-save-card-for-your-consoles-p-1.html

Reactions: Firesyne

Firesyne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the r4i gold 3ds card is used for playing ds games on your 3ds and ds consoles (working with V8.1.0-19 and any other firmwares)
the r4i gold 3ds deluxe version is used for playing 3ds games (only working with V4.1 to V4.5)
and yeah, the r4i gold 3ds card is working on 3ds xl, 3ds, dsi and ds consoles.
Here is the US based site to buy r4i gold 3ds: http://www.r4igold3dsusa.com/genuin...eal-time-save-card-for-your-consoles-p-1.html

Thank you so much for replying!
So basically you're saying that I can go ahead and buy the regular version & that I don't need the deluxe card, Right?
If so, that is awesome.
Thank you!

r4igold3dsusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.r4igold3dsusa.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for replying!
So basically you're saying that I can go ahead and buy the regular version & that I don't need the deluxe card, Right?
If so, that is awesome.
Thank you!

Completely correct, you just need to buy the regular version and do not buy the deluxe one.

Reactions: Firesyne

Firesyne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the system version of your 3ds?If you are looking to only emulate DS games, this wood r4i gold 3ds rts flashcart works well for that http://www.r4is.com/r4i-gold-3ds-rts-best-r4i-3ds-card-for-3dsdsids-lite-p-1.html , however, if you want to play 3DS games, you will need a gateway 3ds flashcart, dont go for the r4i gold deluxe card, it gets firwmare update slowly. just make sure your system version is lower than 4.5, coz gateway 3ds only supports firmwares between 4.1 and 4.5

Under system settings it says Ver: 8.1.0-19U
is that right? Good? Bad?

Firesyne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is fine, r4i gold 3ds is working great with the V8.1.0-19U version, no worry about it.

Oh wait! One more quick question,...
I was reading your signature and wanted to know.... Does that mean that I won't be able to play 3DS games?
I'm not sure that it even matters but if I did want to play 3DS games which card would I have to get?
Actually, can any cards play 3DS games that are cheap? Or is that something that is still being worked on?

r4igold3dsusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.r4igold3dsusa.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait! One more quick question,...
I was reading your signature and wanted to know.... Does that mean that I won't be able to play 3DS games?
I'm not sure that it even matters but if I did want to play 3DS games which card would I have to get?
Actually, can any cards play 3DS games that are cheap? Or is that something that is still being worked on?
you can not play 3ds games on your 3ds xl console, because currently only V4.1-V4.5 3ds firmware can play 3ds games with the gateway 3ds card. but your 3ds firmware is already on V8.1.0-19. so you can only play ds games on your 3ds xl with r4i gold 3ds card, no card can play 3ds games on V8.1.0-19 console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE