Hardware Buying PSP question

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to get a PSP and can't decide between GO or a fully hackable 2000. Also what's the biggest Memory stick you can have? Also is a modded PSP GO just on the cfw for 6.20 (forgot what it's called) just like a fully hackable 2000 on Prometheus 4 5.50 in terms of homebrew and iso compatibility and is a PSP Go just load games straight of the system or can you use the MSM and what's the biggest memory stick micro you can get?

That's all. Sorry about bad grammar.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are sticks that you can use things like microsd cards for memory. I've seen friends going up to pretty big micro sd cards, so that would probably be you're best bet.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT use microSDs if you intend to play commercial games on your PSP. Memory stick is MUCH faster.

Anyway, MS goes up to 32 GB, MSM goes up to 16 I think, and 16 internal GBs (go)+16gb msm=32 GB. So the max for either will be 32 GB.

General Cost of MS:

4gb: $15.00
8gb: $30.00
16gb: $40-50.00
32gb: $90-110

ONLY GET GENUINE SONY STICKS. MOST FAKES MALFUNCTION OR DO NOT WORK.

As far as the two models, the only thing the go has going for it is that extra 16gb of built in memory. The 2000 has a bigger screen (and for games like god of war that is something you WANT), has better PSP ISO compatibility, better homebrew compatibility (5.00 m33-6 keeps the 1.50 layer) has WAAAAAY better PS1/PSX compatibility and would be my choice. Plus it costs much less, even the special edition models known to be hackable like the star wars and daxter ones.

I'm getting one of thems in about a month for my birthday.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
DO NOT use microSDs if you intend to play commercial games on your PSP. Memory stick is MUCH faster.

Anyway, MS goes up to 32 GB, MSM goes up to 16 I think, and 16 internal GBs (go)+16gb msm=32 GB. So the max for either will be 32 GB.

General Cost of MS:

As far as the two models, the only thing the go has going for it is that extra 16gb of built in memory. The 2000 has a bigger screen (and for games like god of war that is something you WANT), has better PSP ISO compatibility, better homebrew compatibility (5.00 m33-6 keeps the 1.50 layer) has WAAAAAY better PS1/PSX compatibility and would be my choice. Plus it costs much less, even the special edition models known to be hackable like the star wars and daxter ones.

My friend played Kingdom Hearts On his microsd card and it work just fine.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
personuser said:

General Cost of MS:

It was probably a high class. It's just that most MicSDs are low classes like 2 (2mbps) and all memsticks are at least 15mbps. That means the slowest memstick is 7 times faster than the slowest microSD. And high-class microSDs can be expensive/hard to find anyway.

You need at least a 128mb sony memory stick to hack a PSP, btw.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally use 2, what I'm pretty sure are class 2 MicroSD cards in a pro-duo adapter and games work fine and at normal speed. The only slowdown I encountered was at the beginning of KH: BBS during the Mark of Mastery exam due to a million things moving an ass ton being on the screen all at once with others still spawning.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Duskye said:
personuser said:

General Cost of MS:

It was probably a high class. It's just that most MicSDs are low classes like 2 (2mbps) and all memsticks are at least 15mbps. That means the slowest memstick is 7 times faster than the slowest microSD. And high-class microSDs can be expensive/hard to find anyway.

You need at least a 128mb sony memory stick to hack a PSP, btw.
I know, he was just looking for bigger and that came to mind. I have a 4 gig myself.

Go what with personuser said, you'll do better in the long run.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
OK the PSP I was looking at comes with a 4gb memory stick anyway and I may upgrade to 16 in the future.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd say a 2k is better since the psp go's and 3k's on sale right now are mostly on 6.37 ofw, which is currently unhackable. And psp go's are hard to play games on imo.

ISO, Homebrews, and plugins compatibility is better on 2k's since you have full access to the kernel.

EDIT: just in case u didn't know, you will have to have a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick if you're going to install a CFW (such as 5.00M-33, 5.03GEN-X, 5.50GEN-X)

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
I'd say a 2k is better since the psp go's and 3k's on sale right now are mostly on 6.37 ofw, which is currently unhackable. And psp go's are hard to play games on imo.

ISO, Homebrews, and plugins compatibility is better on 2k's since you have full access to the kernel.

EDIT: just in case u didn't know, you will have to have a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick if you're going to install a CFW (such as 5.00M-33, 5.03GEN-X, 5.50GEN-X)
I'm going to be buying a used one. The PSP 2K comes with those things and is already hacked.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:

You actually don't need a Pandora Battery, you can just run the lastest Hellcat and install it.

slayerdx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:

they don't come with 6.37 I believe. They come in 6.30. My psp I bought came with the version 6.30, and my friend's psp came on version 6.20. hence I think they do it by the 6.x numbers.

also 4 gb should be enough. 4 gb = 3 psp games (about...) ohh you also might want to buy a cable for the psp. So you can hook up your psp and transfer data. Unless you have a sony computer then you can stick the memory stick right into the computer.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
slayerdx said:
s4mid4re said:

they don't come with 6.37 I believe. They come in 6.30. My psp I bought came with the version 6.30, and my friend's psp came on version 6.20. hence I think they do it by the 6.x numbers.

also 4 gb should be enough. 4 gb = 3 psp games (about...) ohh you also might want to buy a cable for the psp. So you can hook up your psp and transfer data. Unless you have a sony computer then you can stick the memory stick right into the computer.
oh okay, sorry for my mistake. Judging at how many people are stuck at 6.37, I thought that most of them bought them like that, rather than 'accidentally' going through that long process of installing a newer ofw.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water