Hardware Buying a Wii U, but need advice.

DarkWolfRaiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can go with Gamestop in two weeks, or Amazon Warehouse Deals. I dunno what the likelihood of the "Warehouse Deals" messing up my order is, however. And I don't want to receive a Wii U that doesn't have cables, chargers, or that has a broken gamepad screen. I dunno which to go with, seeing as Amazon is more a matter of convenience, and GameStop is 45 minutes away.

Last edited by DarkWolfRaiju,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can go with Gamestop in two weeks, or Amazon Warehouse Deals. I dunno what the likelihood of the "Warehouse Deals" messing up my order is, however. And I don't want to receive a Wii U that doesn't have cables, chargers, or that has a broken gamepad screen.

If you want to mod the WiiU when you get it, make sure you DO NOT connect it to WiFi at first, Block System Updates using the DNS or your Router first.
Because if you connect the WiiU to the internet before blocking updates, the system will download and install Firmware version 5.5.2, then you wont be able to mod your console in any way, not until a new Entry Point is found and released.

DarkWolfRaiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to mod the WiiU when you get it, make sure you DO NOT connect it to WiFi at first, Block System Updates using the DNS or your Router first.
Because if you connect the WiiU to the internet before blocking updates, the system will download and install Firmware version 5.5.2, then you wont be able to mod your console in any way, not until a new Entry Point is found and released.

That's...not what I posted about. But I should edit my post better I suppose, after rereading it.

adrian089

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can go with Gamestop in two weeks, or Amazon Warehouse Deals. I dunno what the likelihood of the "Warehouse Deals" messing up my order is, however. And I don't want to receive a Wii U that doesn't have cables, chargers, or that has a broken gamepad screen. I dunno which to go with, seeing as Amazon is more a matter of convenience, and GameStop is 45 minutes away.

Not sure what it is you're asking, but I picked up my Wii U from ebay a few weeks ago. It was advertised as the gamepad's touchscreen not working, as well as the consoles disc drive. Paid $89 shipped, and when it arrived the gamepad worked just fine. Came with all cables(except hdmi) and a gamepad dock. Probably never will test the disc drive. Took a week of patience waiting to find one cheap once I was ready to buy, but I watched listings for about a month and saw some advertised go for as low as $70.

DarkWolfRaiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what it is you're asking, but I picked up my Wii U from ebay a few weeks ago. It was advertised as the gamepad's touchscreen not working, as well as the consoles disc drive. Paid $89 shipped, and when it arrived the gamepad worked just fine. Came with all cables(except hdmi) and a gamepad dock. Probably never will test the disc drive. Took a week of patience waiting to find one cheap once I was ready to buy, but I watched listings for about a month and saw some advertised go for as low as $70.

I was simply trying to find out how reliable the warehouse deals are on Amazon. My items, the Wii U, the SD card, and the game, just in case it's below 5.5.1, will arrive tomorrow regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended