SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, here's what I've heard.

1) Newer XBOX360's have an added heatsink to prevent the RROD

2) Only first generation XBOX360's with a certain DVD drive can be modded. Newer ones can't.

Are these two statements true? I am really waiting for a STABLE version of the XBOX360 to come out that will not break after I mod it (so I can't even take it in to be repaired). Can anyone help me out on the facts here?

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's what I've heard.

1) Newer XBOX360's have an added heatsink to prevent the RROD

2) Only first generation XBOX360's with a certain DVD drive can be modded. Newer ones can't.

Are these two statements true? I am really waiting for a STABLE version of the XBOX360 to come out that will not break after I mod it (so I can't even take it in to be repaired). Can anyone help me out on the facts here?

1. Yes, the newer 360 does have the added heatsink. It's not a guarantee that you will get one that has it.

2. No, samsung and most hitachi drives can be easily softmodded. Hitachi v0079FK drive can also be flashed, but you would need to desolder the firmware chip and program it externally. Benq drives can't be softmodded.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some new 360's have the Benq's, but they are few from what I've heard. Don't hold me to that statement though.

The 79 can be flashed now with a new thing. Check out the recent headlines at xbox-scene.com -- they featured something on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1