Hardware Buying 2ndhand Slim 360 with discread error

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm planning on buy a Slim 360 (not sure tbh atm) and it has a discread error according to the seller. Now my friend is willing to loan me his Xbox account and it has a lot of games on it, so basically I'll be downloading them and installing them.
So chances I'll rarely use the disc reader but anyway;

• Is it easy to clean/replace the discreader?
  • It's the 4GB version, can I just use a 64GB USB stick (or more) to install the games on?

7a65b8c1a8.jpg

This is the only picture I have, which 360 do you think it is?

If possible I'd like to hack it with RGH but mainly I just want to play RDR, which my friend has on his account.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can swap the DVD PCB (this saves you the hassle from flashing) so it's quite easy to repair.
You could also get a 320 GB/500 GB WD harddrive and use HDDHackr to inject a security sector in the drive.
That will allow you to utilize the internal harddrive (tho RGH defeats the need for a security sector)
But yes, using a 64GB usb as storage works.

It looks like a Corona from first few tho.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can swap the DVD PCB (this saves you the hassle from flashing) so it's quite easy to repair.
You could also get a 320 GB/500 GB WD harddrive and use HDDHackr to inject a security sector in the drive.
That will allow you to utilize the internal harddrive (tho RGH defeats the need for a security sector)
But yes, using a 64GB usb as storage works.

It looks like a Corona from first few tho.
I'll go for a big USB stick (I've read 2TB is the limit so no worries there). The hacking part isn't high on the list tbh, I very much doubt I'll keep the console that long, just want to play RDR.
Especially if the hacking costs money which from my limited research, it does.

The console is very cheap, I can probably get it for like 15 euros, problem is 0 cables come with it. I'll eBay that shit easy. Thanks for the replies!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any HDMI 1.4 cable would work perfectly fine.
A Trinity PSU (135w) will work.

Unfortunately, RGHing it will cost quite a bit yes ;p

No prob tho~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, How high are you?