PS1/2 Burned PS2 disks showing up as "DVD Video" in PS2 Browser

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Waa wait what? I never had homebrew software for the PS2 before iirc so this may sound nooby lol.

Do I need an external HDD? Or is it burned to a disk and etc?
Most modchip-era homebrew used to come as a bunch of files you were supposed to burn to a CD (not DVD unless specifically stated). It seems ESR is a Memory Card homebrew, though, so it might not be available in that format...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait... so I downloaded ESR Patcher for Windows and it has two buttons: patch and unpatch. I decided to go for unpatch but then it said the ISO isn't patched. What?

Am I supposed to click on patch or unpatch? Sorry, I just don't want to waste more disks. :x

mercuryshadow09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... so I downloaded ESR Patcher for Windows and it has two buttons: patch and unpatch. I decided to go for unpatch but then it said the ISO isn't patched. What?

Am I supposed to click on patch or unpatch? Sorry, I just don't want to waste more disks. :x

Patch, the games need to be patched and you need FreeMcBoot on a memory card so you can launch the disc using ESR Launcher.

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people are recommending ESR for a chipped console. There is no need for patching if you have a modchip installed. Hold triangle and circle while booting up your PS2 to access the Infinity menu. I have a feeling that your issue may have to do with something in the settings.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I don't know why people are recommending ESR for a chipped console. There is no need for patching if you have a modchip installed. Hold triangle and circle while booting up your PS2 to access the Infinity menu. I have a feeling that your issue may have to do with something in the settings.

Me too, it's like telling someone to put Petrol in a Diesel engine lol.

@ the OP, swerve Nero for burning and use IMGburn for all burns and not just for PS2. Use high quality media, preferably Ritek G04/5 dyes and burn @ 4x or 8x max.

If the modchip settings are okay, etc, and discs keep failing. You may have to adjust the Laser pot, or better still buy a new one and replace it, as they don't last long, if not treated well.

Other option is to FMCB the memory card and go down the HDD route using OPL. ESR is a poor mans way of doing PS2 mods, IMO. You either use a dedicated mod chip that direct boots everything (no patching) or install a HDD and soft mod the memory card with FMCB.

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try that triangle+circle trick when I get home. It works on every modchipped console right? If it does so what am I supposed to switch? Or, rather, optimal settings :P

I use Verbatim for both CDs and DVDs, is it even a good brand anymore?

I think I can mod the PS2 with a HDD but doesn't it take quite a bit of space? There isn't much space where the PS2 is and I also have a N64 connected to the same CRT. I just need to get a networ adapter.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I can mod the PS2 with a HDD but doesn't it take quite a bit of space? There isn't much space where the PS2 is and I also have a N64 connected to the same CRT. I just need to get a networ adapter.

Not really. It sticks out about 15mm from the back of the console. If you have enough room to plug cables in, you have enough for the network adapter.

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I'll try that triangle+circle trick when I get home. It works on every modchipped console right? If it does so what am I supposed to switch? Or, rather, optimal settings :P

I use Verbatim for both CDs and DVDs, is it even a good brand anymore?

Matrix Infinity Settings:- http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=matrix/matrix_tut.html Only for this chip, yet you mentioned you have this already.

Verbs are good.

Phat PS2, just plug in a HDD with a Network Adapter. Very easy for anyone to do:

List of working drives

http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse