PS1/2 Burned PS1 games?

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just found some old PS1 games i used to own and i would really like to play them on my PS2 *FreeMcBoot Modded* But they are too scratched to be playable on the ps2. I downloaded them and before i waste Dvds/Cds i would ask if its possible to play Burned Ps1 games on a softmoded ps2 *freemcboo* Model :SCPH :50001/N. Or is there a homebrew app for the ps1 that allows me to play them. I have a swap card if needed.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Freemcboot only works on DVD games, not CD games. Do you have a swap card for CD-based games, or only DVD games? My swap magic set came with both, although I never tried it with a PS1 game. It would be worth trying if you do.

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Freemcboot only works on DVD games, not CD games. Do you have a swap card for CD-based games, or only DVD games? My swap magic set came with both, although I never tried it with a PS1 game. It would be worth trying if you do.

I do not own swap magic i made a swap card out of a credit card to softmod my ps2 without opening the console. And are ps1 games burned on Cd not dvds?

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, PS1 games are burned to CDs as that's how all of them were. PS2 games were both DVD and CD, but the majority were DVD.

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, PS1 games are burned to CDs as that's how all of them were. PS2 games were both DVD and CD, but the majority were DVD.

I researched it and theres a way to play them on a unmodded ps2 with the swap method im not sure if its only for the Ps2 slim or not. Any chance you know?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's easy if you have the sensors locked (to do swap methods). You need a homebrew called PSXLauncher.elf. With that, you can swap an original PS1 game with your backup. This should work with any PS2.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a ps

Would PSXLauncher work?
PSXLauncher works on models SCPH 50001/N models on up so it will work on your version of PS2. Just need to launch the program using Ulaunch and you are all set. Btw for some odd reason some ps1 games to not have music in them when playing backup copies of them. So far i have came across 3 games with this issue, Xmen Mutant Academy 2, War Gods, and Fighting Force. Also if you are trying Mortal Kombat Trilogy the game freezes if you lose and let the continue timer drop to zero/0. It also happens when you beat arcade mode after defeating shao kahn.

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PSXLauncher works on models SCPH 50001/N models on up so it will work on your version of PS2. Just need to launch the program using Ulaunch and you are all set. Btw for some odd reason some ps1 games to not have music in them when playing backup copies of them. So far i have came across 3 games with this issue, Xmen Mutant Academy 2, War Gods, and Fighting Force. Also if you are trying Mortal Kombat Trilogy the game freezes if you lose and let the continue timer drop to zero/0. It also happens when you beat arcade mode after defeating shao kahn.

Sorry i forgot to mention that i have a PS2 Fat would it still work?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Music not working in PS1 games is due to there not being enough tracks on the original disc that you swap with compared to the backup. Track lengths also play a role in it. Try swapping in a copy of any MK game to see what I mean.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Music not working in PS1 games is due to there not being enough tracks on the original disc that you swap with compared to the backup. Track lengths also play a role in it. Try swapping in a copy of any MK game to see what I mean.
Looks like i will have to find used copies of those games then. With the games that do work i use Star Wars Episode 1 to do the swapping with.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tomb Raider 1 had a lot of audio tracks, you can use it as original swap disc.
but it had a smaller game data track, maybe you will have issue with bigger games not accessing data.
you might need different swap disc depending on the game you want to play.

Reactions: cvskid

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really if you want to play PS1 you should just get a PS1 and chip it, a PSP and put CFW on it or use an emulator on PC. I used a PSOne with a sensor block swap and it was miserable compared to my old chipped PS1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone