Burn 360 games on Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Tutorials' started by ferdi-t, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ferdi-t
    OP

ferdi-t GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Netherlands
    Groningen
    This took me some time figuring it all out when I first had to do it, so I'll post it here. Say goodbye to wine and img-burn, this way is actually faster.

On a sidenote: I have explained it as n00b-friendly as possible. Experienced Linux-users will probably (rightly) want to ad some extra code to step 4 and thus skip the first steps.

[*]Rename the iso-file to a.iso[*]Put it in your homefolder[*]Open up the terminal: Applications menu -> Accessories -> Terminal. [*]Paste the following into the terminal
    Code:
    growisofs -use-the-force-luke=dao -use-the-force-luke=break:1913760 -dvd-compat -speed=8 -Z /dev/scd0=a.iso
    [*]hit enter[*]Sit back for 20 minutes and enjoy.
    Notes:

• When burning fails to initiate with some message about cd0, it likely indicates that your dvd-burner is mounted differently compared to mine. The quickest solution is to insert a dvd (any dvd) and wait for the folder to open. The path should be in the location bar. Replace /dev/scd0 with what you see there, copy the code into the terminal, then enter. Please note that (by the nature of the problem) your dvd-burner didn't touch the blanc, so you can fail this step without getting a coaster. More tips on figuring out the mointpoint: http://ubuntugenius.wordpress.com/2010/01/...rive-in-ubuntu/
    • The .dvd-file is not needed for this
    • Make sure not to run any other programs while burning, as I noticed it increases chances of a coaster
    • When putting the a.iso file in the homefolder isn't convenient because media is stored on a separate partition, put it in the beginning of that partition, then change the folder in the teminal:

Code:
      cd /media/nameofpartition
      Then hit enter, and resume from step 4.

2. drewmerc

drewmerc GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2007
    not that i dont like terminal commands
    but many people dont so another option for those who like a pretty gui k3b with the "-use-the-force-luke=break:1913760" growisofs parameter (yes, yes i know it's the exact fucking same thing but it's in a gui and some people just must.......)
    [​IMG]

3. ferdi-t
    OP

ferdi-t GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Netherlands
    Groningen
    I tried that too, and it works... Though it's not as easy as pasting some code and hitting enter. [​IMG]

4. wolffangalchemist

wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    or you could just install IMGBurn through wine, just saying it works perfectly fine.
    good guide for terminal though.

5. Mariosegafreak

Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

Aug 7, 2011
    United States
    Gensokyo
    It doesn't for me. It says that there are no admin rights.