Burn 360 games on Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Tutorials & FAQs' started by ferdi-t, Jun 19, 2011.

Jun 19, 2011

Burn 360 games on Ubuntu by ferdi-t at 9:42 AM (6,476 Views / 0 Likes) 4 Comments

ferdi-t New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    This took me some time figuring it all out when I first had to do it, so I'll post it here. Say goodbye to wine and img-burn, this way is actually faster.

On a sidenote: I have explained it as n00b-friendly as possible. Experienced Linux-users will probably (rightly) want to ad some extra code to step 4 and thus skip the first steps.

[*]Rename the iso-file to a.iso[*]Put it in your homefolder[*]Open up the terminal: Applications menu -> Accessories -> Terminal. [*]Paste the following into the terminal
    Code:
    growisofs -use-the-force-luke=dao -use-the-force-luke=break:1913760 -dvd-compat -speed=8 -Z /dev/scd0=a.iso
    [*]hit enter[*]Sit back for 20 minutes and enjoy.
    Notes:

• When burning fails to initiate with some message about cd0, it likely indicates that your dvd-burner is mounted differently compared to mine. The quickest solution is to insert a dvd (any dvd) and wait for the folder to open. The path should be in the location bar. Replace /dev/scd0 with what you see there, copy the code into the terminal, then enter. Please note that (by the nature of the problem) your dvd-burner didn't touch the blanc, so you can fail this step without getting a coaster. More tips on figuring out the mointpoint: http://ubuntugenius.wordpress.com/2010/01/...rive-in-ubuntu/
    • The .dvd-file is not needed for this
    • Make sure not to run any other programs while burning, as I noticed it increases chances of a coaster
    • When putting the a.iso file in the homefolder isn't convenient because media is stored on a separate partition, put it in the beginning of that partition, then change the folder in the teminal:

Code:
      cd /media/nameofpartition
      Then hit enter, and resume from step 4.

drewmerc New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    not that i dont like terminal commands
    but many people dont so another option for those who like a pretty gui k3b with the "-use-the-force-luke=break:1913760" growisofs parameter (yes, yes i know it's the exact fucking same thing but it's in a gui and some people just must.......)
    [IMG]

ferdi-t New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I tried that too, and it works... Though it's not as easy as pasting some code and hitting enter. [IMG]

wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

Message Count:
    United States
    or you could just install IMGBurn through wine, just saying it works perfectly fine.
    good guide for terminal though.

Mariosegafreak Swiggity Swoogity

Message Count:
    United States
    It doesn't for me. It says that there are no admin rights.

SPONSORED LINKS