SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest

Bulma's Voice Actor, Hiromi Tsuru died at Age 57 today. She was found in her car unconscious and rushed to her the hospital, where she was pronounced dead. She was the voice actor for Bulma starting with the original Dragonball and up to Dragon Ball Super.

Sauce:
http://comicbook.com/anime/amp/2017/11/17/dragon-ball-death-hiromi-tsuru-bulma-anime/

Last edited by SANIC,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck now what are they going to do in super without her?

They have time since the current arc's all about the Tournament of Power and so far the character's been MIA for 20 episodes or so. But still, that is some horrifying news. Yeah I'm at a loss for words, it's so sad. I only recently gained appreciation for the Japanese voices, over a year of watching DB Super subbed and never touching the Japanese voices before. So this does affect me, I think this is my favorite moment of her so far in Super.

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which is gonna suck

geez she was 57? she doesn't sound it!

It just makes me think of Masako Nozawa, who's 81 and you hear Goku's Japanese voice and you can never tell that's the voice of an elderly woman. Further on that, fuck, if she passed, see this news just makes me fear other members of that cast will get it. Similar feelings I had when Ronnie James Dio passed, and years later Tony Iommi had a cancer scare and I think Geezer Butler, there's sympathy and sadness for the deceased, fear and concern for the living related to them.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WELL FUCK MY LIFE FRIEZA'S ENGLISH VOICE ACTOR HAS C.O.P.D

Unfortunate news coming from Houston today as Dragon Ball Z voice actor, Christopher Ayres, finds himself facing an irreversible lung disease.

PLEASE SOMEONE SAY A PRAYER

I just read about that, his youcaring fund page is linked on r/dbz and it shows that they went over the goal, which is good.

https://www.youcaring.com/christopherayres-1010986

It doesn't say he will pass, hopefully, that's another voice actor I enjoy.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres a lot of tension in the Dragon Ball community due to these recent events, I hope it manages to slowly pass.

How so? I don't really involve myself with the community because I tend to get into impassioned arguments that come off being pointless or damaging.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this and the whole Chris Ayres thing. Imagine losing both Bulma and Freeza in one fell swoop

Oh I thought you meant some heated debate. All the news brought everything I did to a really hard halt. It also dampens release day of USUM and now I'll go into this week's new episode of Super with my head down, so to speak.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I thought you meant some heated debate. All the news brought everything I did to a really hard halt. It also dampens release day of USUM and now I'll go into this week's new episode of Super with my head down, so to speak.
I will especially feel bad the episode Vegeta returns from the tournament

Reactions: RustInPeace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16