Hacking Buisness Card Sized Zelda Amiibo Cards

sekazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are my designs for business card style Amiibo cards.
mao9VyP.jpg
izXeF7H.jpg
xbcjxwf.jpg
V0HtdIp.jpg
JUgkNt2.jpg
zmj5mEF.jpg
GNd25l9.jpg

Here is all of the cards as of 11/9/2017.

The BOTW set has some alternate cards with a lighter background. I found from my initial printing it was far too dark and looked much better lighter. There are also some wider cards which are meant to be used for having a bleed area when printing. There is another LOZ set which has the regular LOZ logo more consistent with the packaging.

Every set has a bleed border which you can place a card on top in a template to get a better print without white edges. The NFC Back card has a 25mm white space which fits the 25mm NFC tags great.

Last edited by sekazi,
Reactions: liiasega

sekazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love these! Any chance you could release these as high quality images for hobbyists lime myself?
What parts do you need? I can get them tonight when I get home.

Why not use the actual artwork instead of the amiibo models?
Artwork is nice but most of what I found does not fit the ultra narrow profile of a buisness card. I am still looking at some things others have made but not decided yet. Plus I like the look of the Amiibos themselves which is why I used them instead.

Very cool but I would make the model image way larger to make it more striking.
I probably could make them bigger. I will take a look at all of the Amiibos to see what I can do. I am trying to stay consistent on the base size but know it will be unavoidable with some like the Guardian. I went the easy route on these because the stock photos are all constant in width.

Reactions: KiiWii

shane9b3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My only thoughts right now are maybe adding the name of the Amiibo at the bottom of the card but no idea what font I would even choose that would not look tacky. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
/QUOTE]

Why not use a Nintendo or Zelda font??

sekazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love these! Any chance you could release these as high quality images for hobbyists lime myself?
Here are the card backgrounds.
http://imgur.com/a/SpZBK
The SSB one was found on the Amiibo reddit. The swirl one was from the Nintendo Website that no longer exists and the Triforce one was made from scratch.

I initially got my Amiibo images from http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up but found out that http://videogames-fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Amiibo has higher resolution photos of the shot. I am not sure where they got them from the Nintendo website. They also have all of the logos.

sekazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anybody is actually interested in these please let me know where I can host 280 MB of images easily. Below are examples of the following series I have completed. I have done every Amiibo I could find for each of these series. There are 5 series I am still working on.

VG3R0Jn.jpg

Super Smash Bros. series - 57 Amiibos
lGe7xL9.jpg

Super Mario series - 15 Amiibos
xiJWPRa.jpg

Splatoon series - 8 Amiibos
EuEP59Z.jpg

Kirby series - 4 Amiibos
pK6CNi2.jpg

Yoshi's Woolly World series - 5 Amiibos
HigPeVw.jpg

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess series - 1 Amiibo
HcpTk89.jpg

30th Anniversary - The Legend of Zelda series - 4 Amiibos
0EKwDqp.jpg

The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild series - 5 Amiibos
TIuUIUF.jpg

I still need to complete
30th Anniversary - Mario series
Animal Crossing series
Chibi-Robo series
Shovel Knight series
Skylanders SuperChargers series

I know there are some Japanese sets also.

sekazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could u please get me access to all zelda related cards? Awesome job
I came across ultra high resolution photos of the Amiibos on the Japanese website and have redone all of my cards. I had to go JPG in order to make it somewhat reasonable to upload. The Amiibos are also larger in the card now too. In fact I did not resize the Amiibo picture at all. I included the newly announced cards too.
http://imgur.com/a/XuYCj

Since I am remaking all of my cards I already made I am doing a new back which will have a place for the NFC sticker. I am not going to double up the cards in my thermal pouches as even with 20 cards the stack gets huge. I can half the stack with just one card per pouch.

Last edited by sekazi,

sekazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After messing with different templates then moving to my own template I decided it is impossible to get my printer to print perfectly into the card. I redid all of my borders since I never saved the settings before and created new bleed templates. I previously used the Avery 8871 Clean Edge cards but was not satisfied with the prints. I am now using Avery 8859 Glossy Clean Edge cards and the prints are so much better. This time around since I am not going to double up the cards I made a place for the sticker on the back. The stickers from AliExpress say they are 25mm but will not know for sure until I get them. I also have redone the back to be more similar to the real Amiibo cards. Anyways here is a comparison of my old cards and new.

As you can see I will not have a white edge problem anymore and also even though the back is not glossy it still prints to much better than the old 8871 cards.

sekazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you link all the smash bros. Related amiibo? Please, these are sick!
The back of the card has changed since those photos. I have since finalized my design and printed all of the cards. Here is a screenshot of the folder.

There are two backs. The NFC back has a 25mm circle which fits the 25mm NFC tags perfectly. The bleed file is for adding more border when printing. You overlay the card in the center of it. I found that when I tried to print to my sheets I ended up having to do this to prevent white borders. It also made me waste 4 cards per sheet.

You can download the images here.

Reactions: anton pieter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)