❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This bug has been affecting me for a few months now, but now it's causing SwiftKey to go haywire and beginning to annoy the piss out of me (provided these two issues are the same bug). Also, I apologize if this isn't the proper place to report site bugs. Anyway, I have no idea if this affects other browsers or just Chrome, but when posts begin with two letter words the space between the first and second word will be stripped for whatever reason. At first, I thought these posts just had a grammatical error, but then I noticed that it was all posts that followed the pattern I mentioned. Not really a big deal since posts are still eligible.
m5248z.png

Fast forward to last week and now SwiftKey's predictive typing starts spitting out gibberish and not handling punctuation properly (it typically automatically adds a mark after a predicted word then spaces, but now it spaces, adds the mark, then spaces again).

Now, I believe that the first bug is most likely something going on with XenForo (or a modification done to the post formatting template). As for the second one though, I really don't know of its something up with the site or SwiftKey itself. All I know is that this is the only site that it happens on. Since this is such a niche bug I don't particularly expect a fix (typing will just be more tedious, but I can adapt). But it'd be nice if I could get confirmation from other members as well that may be facing the same thing.

Last edited by Joom,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've never experienced this problem. I mostly use tapatalk here but sometimes I use chrome or firefox. Have you had that same problem with other keyboards? Maybe your Swiftkey app is just bugged?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I've never experienced this problem. I mostly use tapatalk here but sometimes I use chrome or firefox. Have you had that same problem with other keyboards? Maybe your Swiftkey app is just bugged?
No, I haven't tried a different keyboard. I didn't really see the need to since the problem is so isolated. Like I said, this only happens on this site. It also doesn't happen in other apps.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, I haven't tried a different keyboard. I didn't really see the need to since the problem is so isolated. Like I said, this only happens on this site. It also doesn't happen in other apps.
I'd recommend looking at all options to find your solution. Try a different browser, keyboard or maybe try Tapatalk. Try wiping your browser cache and swiftkey cache. Since it's so isolated it's probably not GBAtemp and it's probably just a bug on your smartphone.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend looking at all options to find your solution. Try a different browser, keyboard or maybe try Tapatalk. Try wiping your browser cache and swiftkey cache. Since it's so isolated it's probably not GBAtemp and it's probably just a bug on your smartphone.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Also, wiping browser cache does nothing. I don't think it's something up with Chrome. I'll probably just start using Tapatalk though.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been experiencing the exact same bug, but I assume this is Chrome, not GBAtemp.
Well, like I said above, it's probably something going on with XenForo specifically, which implies that the site itself isn't at fault. I need a good recommendation for an alternative keyboard as well to test this. I won't count Google's or AOSP's keyboards as they are quite vanilla in the prediction department.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...