Hacking Bruteforce SaveData won't work for me!! Please help!

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried posting in many forums but nobody has been able to identify the cause of the problem so far.
I downloaded BSD from the official BSD forum run by chaoszage, which is the official support forum. I followed the instructions for Brute force save data v4.7.4 starting with installing Msvbvm50.
I run the BSD installer and it successfully installs BSD, I launch BSD (as admin) and at the top it first says 'scanning folder please wait' but then I always get a message saying 'Brute force Save Data has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'. It freezes up and I have to click close.

I googled and found people advising to add the following files to the root of the Brute force folder:
Missing Files Error:
MSVBVM50.DLL
msvcr110.dll
msvcr100.dll (and I also added mscomctl.ocx but I already had this last file included in my download)

So I added all the above files to the 'BruteforceSaveData' root folder. I then (as per another suggestions) added the PS3 Bruteforce Save Data program to the DEP exception list: Control Panel -- System -- Advance system settings -- Performance [Settings...] -- Data Execution Prevention -- [Add...]" and ran it as admin.

But none of this made any difference! I've tried pausing my antivirus (in case it is somehow causing a problem) but this makes no difference.

I thought I would try earlier versions so downloaded v4.6 but there is no difference, always the same problem.
I've downloaded and reinstalled it from different places to see if it made any difference which it didn't. I tried asking chaoszage for help, unfortunately she tried her best and admitted in the end that she didn't know what else to try. I tried emailing Aldo but he seemed too busy to help unfortunately.

Since my case might be a challenge I thought I should provide a bit more info.
I have a FUJITSU LIFEBOOK AH530 6 GB RAM dual core laptop. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium x64. On someone's advice I downloaded and installed the following (which made no difference):
aio-runtimes_v2.2.0, .NET Framework 4.5

I'm from the UK so I'm sure English is my unicode Language (which someone mentioned is relevant). One more thing which may or may not be relevant: when I bought my laptop it came with windows (OEM) pre-installed, but I got no installation disc. About a year ago I either restored my laptop to an earlier backup, or I may have re-installed windows completely (unfortunately I don't remember which). Since then, I always get a message: 'This computer is not running genuine Windows (has a code at bottom: 0x8004FE21)'
I tried a few ways to get rid of it but was never able to (it's pretty annoying). It pops up every hour or so at regular intervals. Could this have something to do with my BSD problem? I managed to download removewat 2.2.6 (the only version I could find that virustotal didn't report being infested) and am contemplating using it, even though my windows is genuine. But I'm worried that it might cause other problems if I use it?
Since my windows is OEM I don't think Microsoft will give me support, and I've tried to look for support info on fujitsu's UK site but it's pretty confusing which number I should call. To make matters worse I currently seem to have misplaced the receipt for my laptop (I bought it from staples when they discontinued stocking this model). I'm unsure where to go from here.
I managed to borrow a netbook which also runs windows 7 home premium and it runs perfectly out the box (without having to add any files at all) and that suggests it's something on my OS that is the problem.
I'm aware that BSD works for everyone else, I just need to figure out what is wrong on my system! I've tried many suggestions so far with no luck. There has to be a way to figure out what the problem is.
I think it is probably to do with registry errors or active x errors or something, some problem with my OS. But I don't have the technical know-how to identify it. I hope someone can help, and any help at all is appreciated! Thanks.

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the link on Aldostools.org site is down and so I found another youtube video by Aldo which had the download links (for Brute force save data v4.7.4) but the application won't run, I tried running as administrator and it makes no difference. I get no error message, nothing happens.
I followed the instructions starting with opening Msvbvm50, I got a message to extract all. But then a new folder is created (which I assume should have contained the extracted files) but it is empty. So I instead extracted it using 7zip, it extracted all files to the new folder (except, for some reason, the actual Brute force app icon. So I manually clicked on it and extracted it to the same folder).
I ran the BSD installer and it did successfully install BSD, but clicking on the icon didn't launch BSD (neither did it auto run after installation) and I tried running it as admin.
Since it still didn't run, I googled and found people advising to add the following files to the root of the Brute force folder:
Missing Files Error:
MSVBVM50.DLL
msvcr110.dll
msvcr100.dll (and I also added mscomctl.ocx but I already had this last file included in my download)
So I added all the above files (including the MSVBVM50.exe which I already had from aldo's download link) to the 'BruteforceSaveData' folder. I then (as per another suggestions) added the PS3 Bruteforce Save Data program to the DEP exception list: Control Panel -- System -- Advance system settings -- Performance [Settings...] -- Data Execution Prevention -- [Add...]" and ran it as admin.
But none of this made any difference! Is my antivirus somehow blocking the app without alerting me to the fact??
I then downloaded v4.6 (the link was from one of xiam's youtube tutorials) and It unzipped and installed normally, and it even actually loaded up (with a message at the top saying 'scanning folder, please wait) but then I always get a message saying 'Brute force Save Data has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'. It freezes up and I have to click close.
I've downloaded and reinstalled it from different places (including the BSD forum) to see if it made any difference which it didn't.
Since my case might be a challenge I thought I should provide a bit more info.
I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. On someone's advice I downloaded and installed the following (which made no difference)
aio-runtimes_v2.2.0, .NET Framework 4.5
I'm from the UK so I'm guessing English is my unicode Language ?Someone mentioned it might be relevant.
Hope you can help, and any help at all is appreciated! I'm desperate! I would be eternally greatful! Thanks.

Actually Bruteforce latest update is 4.7.4 and the reason the original Link is down is because he was tired of the project so his last major update is 4.5.1.
Chaoszage took up Bruteforce and it moved to a new site http://bruteforcesavedata.forumms.net/
All you need to do is register in order to download the program. All you need is in the Rar file you download and put the MSVBVM50.DLL in the bruteforce program location folder. Be careful downloading a Dll online as most can be viruses.
I'm on Netframe 4.5.1 Window 7 Home Premium and it works perfectly.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply! I am registered on http://bruteforcesavedata.forumms.net/ and I tried asking chaoszage for help, unfortunately she tried her best and admitted in the end that she didn't know what else to try. I am on 4.7.4 and I downloaded it from the above site, but it still doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions?? Much appreciated. I'm aware that it works for everyone else, I just need to figure out what is wrong on my system lol! I've tried everyone's suggestions so far with no luck.

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I am registered on http://bruteforcesavedata.forumms.net/ and I tried asking chaoszage for help, unfortunately she tried her best and admitted in the end that she didn't know what else to try. I am on 4.7.4 and I downloaded it from the above site, but it still doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions?? Much appreciated. I'm aware that it works for everyone else, I just need to figure out what is wrong on my system lol! I've tried everyone's suggestions so far with no luck.

Have you try turning off DEP ( Data Execution Prevention) for Bruteforce? If you didn't then there are 2 ways to do it since your on window 7.
Before doing this make sure the brute force you downloaded is safe and from the source as this method leaves your computer open to viruses if the file your letting through has a virus though you should be safe since you got an antivirus.
  1. 1st way which is safer and easier is to click on the start button on the bottom left of your computer
  2. Right click My Computer, then click Properties, then click Advance system settings.
  3. Under Advance you should see Performance, under it click settings
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
  5. Click Add, then go to where Bruteforce is installed and select the Program .Exe file; Make sure the check box next to it is checked.
  6. Click on Okay when your done. You may have to restart your pc in order for it to take affect.
Method 2
  1. Click on the start button on the bottom left of your computer
  2. On the search bar on the bottom type in CMD, Right click it and run as admin
  3. Copy this and paste it by right clicking "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff" Don't copy the quotation marks
  4. To turn it back on Copy and paste this "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx Alwayson"
The reason I don't like the 2nd method is because it turns off the DEP Completely and that's just to risky just for 1 program and a hassle to turn back on everytime.
Hope this helps!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
This does not sound like DEP is causing the issue, but interested to hear. Please post if ATypicalSe7en's suggestion works for you.
If it does not I may have an idea.
Btw, have you ever altered the Environment Variables?

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help guys! I was starting to worry nobody would try to help. I did mention in my 1st post that I used your 1st method. BSD does launch, that's not the problem. When it launches ,at the top it first says 'scanning folder please wait' but then I always get a message saying 'Brute force Save Data has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'. It freezes up and I have to click close.
One more thing I forgot to mention, when I bought my laptop it came with windows installed, but I got no installation disc. About a year ago I either restored my laptop to an earlier backup, or I may have re-installed windows completely (unfortunately I don't remember which). Since then, I always get a message: 'This computer is not running genuine Windows. (It shows a code at the bottom: 0x8004FE21)'.​
I tried a few ways to get rid of it but was never able to (it's pretty annoying). It pops up every hour or so at regular intervals. Could this have something to do with my BSD problem? I managed to download removewat 2.2.6 (the only version I could find that virustotal didn't report being infested) and am contemplating using it, even though my windows is genuine. But I'm worried that it might cause other problems if I use it?​
Hope you guys have more suggestions, there has to be a way to figure out what the problem is.​
I think it is probably to do with registry errors or active x errors or something, some problem with my OS. But I don't have the technical know-how to identify it.​
What is your suggestion Jonthedit?​

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This does not sound like DEP is causing the issue, but interested to hear. Please post if ATypicalSe7en's suggestion works for you.
If it does not I may have an idea.
Btw, have you ever altered the Environment Variables?

I've edited my original post to make things more clear. What was your suggestion and what do you mean by environment variables?

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've edited my original post to make things more clear. What was your suggestion and what do you mean by environment variables?

I've never heard of a FUJITSU LIFEBOOK AH530 but if your Laptop is OEM then you should have a sticker with the key on it. Most of the time The key is tied to Hardware ( Motherboard) so even if you download Window 7 online it should still work ( If not you can call them when reactivating and tell them that you had to do a clean install which then 95% of the time they would give you a new OEM key) .

To my best definition Environment Variables in short are variables Window uses to determine where the OS is installed, where the programs are, who is using the program, what environment is the program running in etc. They are like pathways that make windows work.

You can check on it by Clicking the Start Menu search box, type environment and click on any results,
Second way is to right click computer, properties, advance system settings and under advance at the bottom click on Environment Variables.
3rd way is Command Prompt ( CMD) Just type in set and it will all pop up

Assuming you have your OS installed on System Drive C: You can cross check them here to make sure nothing is changed or gone. http://www.binbert.com/blog/2010/09/default-environment-variable-values-of-windows-7-xp/

My advice for your Window 7 problem is to enter your OEM Key and see if that makes it genuine again as it should since you didn't replace any hardware.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do have an sticker with a key at the bottom of my laptop, but Windows says it is activated, I found this regarding 0x8004FE21:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/28...nuine-reports-validation-code-0x8004fe21.html

I checked my env variables but wasn't really what to look for even with the link you gave. But as far as I know I've never altered anything there.

I managed to fix my windows update problem, I've been installing loads of updates since then but BSD is still the same unfortunately. I'm thinking I'll have to find a way to reinstall windows to get BSD to work! My first problem is getting ahold of a Windows 7 home premium iso that doesn't contain viruses! I only recently learnt about false-positive AV reports. Does anyone have a link which is definitely safe?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
FYI this is solved. Tried a bunch of things, redist reinstalls, etc, but it came down to having corrupted registry.
He reloaded windows, problem solved.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Although I can load up and run BSD fine after a clean windows install, I get the message 'bruteforce cannot be performed' when I try to bruteforce any save file and the 'decrypt' button is greyed out, meaning I can't select it. I'm hoping Jonthedit or someone knows what to do?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Although I can load up and run BSD fine after a clean windows install, I get the message 'bruteforce cannot be performed' when I try to bruteforce any save file and the 'decrypt' button is greyed out, meaning I can't select it. I'm hoping Jonthedit or someone knows what to do?
You did rip your console's keys and put them in the proper directory... right?

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this tutorial:

I used param.sfo editor on my own ps3 save file to get userID and psID (console ID) and then entered it in global settings and then clicked close. Is that what you meant by console keys?

At first it showed 'template sfo not found' (or something to that effect) so I set up and named profile 1 I used the same name as my PSN account) and used the same param.sfo from my save file and now it shows my profile name at the top instead.

When I did the same thing on the netbook, at that point the 'decrypt' button was no longer greyed out and I successfully applied the cheats. On my laptop I get the problems I mentioned in my previous post.
I've found people in other forums posting the same problem but they mostly got ignored!

Any ideas then?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I will be very limited in time but I can post this:
Make sure you are running as admin - right click run as admin.
This apparently is an issue for some users.

Other than that I will get back with you

Joe Lowrance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading this thread and I have a similar problem.
I have downloaded the most recent version of Bruteforce, but it won't load. Bruteforce pulls up, but it just keeps searching for files and freezes.
I have a few old PS3 games that I never got around to playing and I am playing them now. I was in the middle of Chapter 9 on FFXIII, when my PS3 crashed. I have lost all my save files. I have been able to locate other FFXIII saves (chapter 9), but I have been unable to resign them to use as my own. Any help would be much appreciated.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have been reading this thread and I have a similar problem.
I have downloaded the most recent version of Bruteforce, but it won't load. Bruteforce pulls up, but it just keeps searching for files and freezes.
I have a few old PS3 games that I never got around to playing and I am playing them now. I was in the middle of Chapter 9 on FFXIII, when my PS3 crashed. I have lost all my save files. I have been able to locate other FFXIII saves (chapter 9), but I have been unable to resign them to use as my own. Any help would be much appreciated.
azakhan did eventually solve this... but I forget the solution :|
@azakhan do you remember?

Joe Lowrance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help is appreciated.
Here is the thing, it would be nice to have Bruteforce on my computer and working, but I really only need it for the one game.
Would it be possible for you or someone else on here to do the bruteforce for me if I provided the necessary files?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Just re-read the thread. I did post his solution in my top post.
FYI this is solved. Tried a bunch of things, redist reinstalls, etc, but it came down to having corrupted registry.
He reloaded windows, problem solved.

Edit: found the PMs between us.
In the end, despite a clean install it came down to his hardware not being compatible with the libraries.

Also, sorry but no, I can not do it for you on this machine.
You might have more luck at the well known PSX forums.

Last edited by jonthedit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.