Hardware Broken Wiiu gamepad, Nintendo wants ca$h!

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
My GamePad still works perfectly as it did from day one but given that now I rarely use it due to the Wii U Pro Controller that's no surprise, still, the screen's got a lot of light scratches (not really noticeable) because of always using the stylus so it was bound to happen.

I could've used a screen protector for the GamePad's screen but honestly the tech's old and it probably works better without it.

yea, some games are mandatory with the gamepad, kirbys clay curse is 100% gamepad. Also in order to change system settings you also require use of a gamepad
Yeah, they're universal as long as you unsync it from the previous console
Thanks

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you do buy a new one, ill buy the broken one for $50 shipped.

so if you spend $200 on a refurb from nintendo - one post said they'd pay $100 for the console and I'll pay $50 for the pad, thats a refurb pad for about $60 (im sure ninty charges shipping).

let me know if you take this route!

Reactions: thorasgar

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Someone give this person an award. Love that, will use it from now on. Kirby's Clay Curse. Genius.

Im confused, the WiiU is designed to work with the gamepad many games dont function without it (pikmin for another example). The most annoying part is i'm out of memory and I cant goto storage sence to fix it becuase it requires a gamepad!

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
if you do buy a new one, ill buy the broken one for $50 shipped.

so if you spend $200 on a refurb from nintendo - one post said they'd pay $100 for the console and I'll pay $50 for the pad, thats a refurb pad for about $60 (im sure ninty charges shipping).

let me know if you take this route!

Im still on the wire as to what ill do, the canadian exchange prices are crazy... but ill keep that in mind, thanks!

Reactions: thorasgar

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, any gamepad will sync to any console. Just buy a used console, perhaps keep one for hardcore homebrew experimentation, or keep an non-updated console in prep for Wii U homebrew one day.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, any gamepad will sync to any console. Just buy a used console, perhaps keep one for hardcore homebrew experimentation, or keep an non-updated console in prep for Wii U homebrew one day.

Never thought about that, would love to get into WiiU homebrew when its fully unlocked but my current console is fully updated. that would be a good reason as to buy a new one!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
BTW, just to point it out in case someone is looking for a used Wii U set or Wii U GamePad: it must be of the same region as your current Wii U GamePad. So if you somehow could get a Wii U GamePad from Europe cheaper than North America, it won't work.

Reactions: DoJo_Master

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, just to point it out in case someone is looking for a used Wii U set or Wii U GamePad: it must be of the same region as your current Wii U GamePad. So if you somehow could get a Wii U GamePad from Europe cheaper than North America, it won't work.

OMG thank you, was just looking at a sweet japanese limited edition pad XD
Question - does it have a screen protector on and if yes, have you tried removing it?
Also no, ive tryed everything I either need new parts or to buy a new one

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OMG thank you, was just looking at a sweet japanese limited edition pad XD
Also no, ive tryed everything I either need new parts or to buy a new one
Hm? I thought the Wind Waker HD bundled Wii U GamePad was the only "limited edition" with special styling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.