Hardware Broken SD Card Reader

Dimbreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So well the SD Card reader of my Nintendo 3DS broke and since there's no support here in Argentina due to the console not being officially released here, and sending it to Europe would be a big trouble, I would like to know if there's some replacement for it and that I can get shipped to Argentina.

It would be something like http://img.tjskl.org.cn/nimg/c7/7e/...rts_accessories_slot_1_card_reader_socket.jpg but SD Card Instead.

I saw some on Amazon but crap, all unavailable.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, I saw it. And the shipping times are insane.

Is replacing the SD Slot easy? Didn't find any tutorial on Youtube, though.
Yeah but it is safer and cheaper than sending your 3DS to another country, i think so but you should be very carefull, search "how to open your 3ds" and make that until the part you take out the sd card reader

Dimbreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry for necro(ing) this badly, as I couldn't solve the issue yet. I've got the normal Nintendo 3DS. Will a DSi SD Slot solve it for some time until I can get a decent replacement? Or what about a 3DS XL Slot?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for necro(ing) this badly, as I couldn't solve the issue yet. I've got the normal Nintendo 3DS. Will a DSi SD Slot solve it for some time until I can get a decent replacement? Or what about a 3DS XL Slot?
Technically? Yes but will require soldering. The one designed for 3DS just unplugs and can be easily swapped.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, the original 3DS's SD slot is a detachable piece and it's screwed and connected to the board, so it's easy to be replaced.
The 3DS XL slot is completely different and soldered to the board.

Dimbreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nope, the original 3DS's SD slot is a detachable piece and it's screwed and connected to the board, so it's easy to be replaced.
The 3DS XL slot is completely different and soldered to the board.

Between this and the expensive and 60 days (I've been waiting for 4 months for it to "arrive") shipping times. Seems like it'll never be fixed.

(Slightly dishonest) But could you buy another used 3DS, swap the faulty SD slot and return it and say it's defective?

They're pretty expensive, even used consoles.

Dimbreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WTF did you buy it from China? That takes a really long time to arrive.

Did you look for it on mercado libre?

In Argentina, Chile, etc there's none. I only saw one in Brasil for around R$70 and I suppose that when it arrives here I'll have to pay half of the item and all the trouble they make us to go through. I don't know if it's possible to import from there at all.

Last edited by Dimbreath,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In Argentina, Chile, etc there's none. I only saw one in Brasil for around R$70 and I suppose that when it arrives here I'll have to pay half of the item and all the trouble they make us to go through.
Well you'll go through the same trouble for the Chinese purchase won't you?
If you had purchased the BR one you'd at least get it in a few weeks at most...

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it broken? Does the card refuse to lock into place and stay inserted or is it something worse? I had to depress the locking mechanism with a knife to continue using mine after a microSD adapter cracked and became stuck inside.

Dimbreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How is it broken? Does the card refuse to lock into place and stay inserted or is it something worse? I had to depress the locking mechanism with a knife to continue using mine after a microSD adapter cracked and became stuck inside.

It got stuck inside and the contact pins seems to have moved. I don't remember any pin breaking, though.

EDIT: Just moved the console and saw inside, yeah seems like some broke. Only way is to replace the slot.

EDIT 2: Luck came back, I JUST received the replacement.

Last edited by Dimbreath,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed