Broken disk laser?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i showed my buddy my soft-modded xbox and he wanted me to do the same to his. I like doing this stuff so i was quite excited. He told me his disk tray was not working so i though i would take a look. I had to replace a belt in the xbox but i got it working. However, the disk tray would not want to read disks. I tried to clean the laser but to no avail. So i opened up my xbox, removed my disk tray and stuck it in his. They were two different models but i was still able to plug it in, open the tray, and so forth. However, the xbox still wouldn't read the disks. So i ask the question, what could be wrong with his xbox?

Edit: Bad title. "Broken CD Drive Laser"

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Okay, so i showed my buddy my soft-modded xbox and he wanted me to do the same to his. I like doing this stuff so i was quite excited. He told me his disk tray was not working so i though i would take a look. I had to replace a belt in the xbox but i got it working. However, the disk tray would not want to read disks. I tried to clean the laser but to no avail. So i opened up my xbox, removed my disk tray and stuck it in his. They were two different models but i was still able to plug it in, open the tray, and so forth. However, the xbox still wouldn't read the disks. So i ask the question, what could be wrong with his xbox?

Edit: Bad title. "Broken CD Drive Laser"
Try pot tweaking it.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had all xbox drives (samsung,philips,thomson) except the hitachi so i don't know myself.
i have a "general" idea of what the pits look like but im not sure.
upload_2017-5-29_16-5-34.png
upload_2017-5-29_16-5-51.png

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replace the ide cable and dvd power cable with the one from your working xbox and try again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How did the softmod it with a not working dvd drive?
i'm not sure if i was clear. I modded "my" xbox. "His" xbox disk drive does not work. I stuck my drive in his xbox and it didn't work
What cables are you referring to?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i replaced the giant ribbon cable. I got nothing.
What about this. If i was to stick his hardrive into my xbox, would i be able to softmod it. I know it sounds ridiculous. I'm just wandering

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.