Bricked Wii 4.3U- No priiloader or Bootmii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by firecrotch219, Aug 17, 2012.

Aug 17, 2012
  1. firecrotch219

Newcomer firecrotch219 Member

United States
    I have a bricked wii that doesn't have priiloader installed or bootmii as boot2. It was simply a mistake that costed me my wii (for now). I opened wad manager 1.7 and installed a wii theme. I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it and now I'm facing the consequences. A FULL BRICK. Any help is appreciated as always, and if nothing works, I will simply A) Buy a new wii, or B) Send it to DeadlyFoez for repair (if possible). I know that the system menu is simply uninstalled from my wii. Is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: I posted something in the Random Discussion forum section, and felt this would be a better place for this forum to be.

2. firecrotch219

United States
    I think I may be able to access recovery mode and then Boot up an updatable Disc to make it a semi brick, and fix it from there.

3. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    You uninstalled the System Menu. Without a nand backup, there is no coming back from that.

1 person likes this.
  4. firecrotch219

United States
    How can I tell if I have a nand backup?

And hello again lol

Edit: I watched how to back up NAND and I do remember Doing that! It was required. So, with that being said, will the recorvery mode work?

5. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I don't understand why these people don't take preventive measures like installing priiloader and saving a NAND backup. But then again with a name like firecrotch219 I think I understand...

6. firecrotch219

United States
    No No, I did install priiloader. But when I installed a theme, I was unaware that uninstalls priiloader. So I had a backup plan that went wrong. And I have a NAND Back up I just dont know what to do with it I suppose

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Want Hell? Get married!!

United States
    Well, you're only hope at this point is sending the wii to me with an SD card that has the NAND.bin backup on it.

8. firecrotch219

United States
    Okay, I may have to do that. Thanks for replying btw, And how can I make sure I have it on the SD card?

Edit: nvm, I found it.

Edit2: Oh crap, No I didnt. That isn't my Nand.bin Backup. I had two copies of the same SD card for my friends wi and my own. Mine doesn't have a nand.bin or bootmii/Boot2, or priiloader installed.... So I take it there is nothing I can do now, Right? Or would it be possible to use a NAND dump from another wii and some how make it work on my wii?

9. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Want Hell? Get married!!

United States
    a NAND backup from another wii will not help you. But there is still a chance as long as you DONT TURN ON YOUR WII ANYMORE!!!!

The more that you turn on your wii to screw around makes the chance of repair a lot less if you don't have a NAND backup for that wii.

10. firecrotch219

United States
    DeadlyFoez, you are a savior, I shall unplug it right now. How much do you charge in a situation like this?

Edit: I think this version my be possible to have Bootmii on Boot2, but I didn't set it either because it wasn't or I didn't know how to. Of course I do Now.

11. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    This is why I wish XFlak would remove the option to install a SM wad with the theme. When messing with themes, you should never re-install the SM, because then you lose Priiloader.

1 person likes this.