Gaming Bricked (?) DS Phat, need help!

Ubertraka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, this is my first post here (member since 2007.... long time lurker....). I hope someone can help me!

I recently found my flashed DS Phat (:yay:) from a few years ago. It has been working great for my 3yr old son for a week, but today I (stupidly) removed the battery in an attempt to reset it to factory settings. Now it boots up, shows the Nintendo DS logo on the top, the logo disappears, and I'm left with two white screens.

I've tried putting ds and gba cards in the slots, thinking it would auto-start, but no luck.

Is there a way to fix this? I have a r4i card. I would like to flashme the ds again, but I've no idea what i'm doing.

Thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
did you have the flashme installed with the recovery code? i don't recall if all versions had it.

Recovery: Failsafe code is written into the first few blocks of firmware, in case the flashing procedure gets interrupted or malicious software overwrites part of your firmware. If your firmware gets corrupt, hold START+SELECT to boot directly to SLOT-1 or SLOT-2. From there, you can run flashme or noflashme to repair it.

RECOVERY MODE

NOTE: Make sure there is NOTHING inserted into the DS slot. This includes a game or PassMe1/2!

First, write flashme.nds to your media and insert it into the GBA slot.
Next, hold SELECT+START+A+B all at the same time and turn your DS on.
The DS will boot directly to the GBA slot and from here, you can launch flashme.nds (If it isn't already started) and install it again.

Usage:

If DS software is detected in SLOT-2, flashme will automatically run it. Otherwise, it will launch the normal DS firmware. To override this behavior (always boot to the firmware), hold the SELECT button when you power on.

To force it to boot from SLOT-2, hold A+B+X+Y.

For the no-autoboot version: SLOT-2 is only booted when the SELECT button is held.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4decrypt.51194/#post-653652 <-- might be worth a read.

-another world

Ubertraka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have flashme installed, but it was done a long time ago and I'm not sure if it supports slot 1 recovery.
Since I have a r4i gold I tried encrypting the flashme.nds to _DS_MENU.DAT, so that it would boot straight to flashme, but no luck. This makes me think I definitely don't have a version of flashme isntalled that supports slot 1 recovery.

So, what options do I have? Get a slot 2 flash device?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I do have flashme installed, but it was done a long time ago and I'm not sure if it supports slot 1 recovery.
Since I have a r4i gold I tried encrypting the flashme.nds to _DS_MENU.DAT, so that it would boot straight to flashme, but no luck. This makes me think I definitely don't have a version of flashme isntalled that supports slot 1 recovery.

So, what options do I have? Get a slot 2 flash device?
It actually may be cheaper to get another DS Phat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs