Hacking Bricked 2ds?

haribizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping for some help. Looked for the last 2 hours and can't seem to find a conclusive answer.

I upgraded my 2DS Cfw from rxtools. Learnt the hard way that it's unsupported when I got a black screen.
I know I shouldn't have, but i didn't realise it wasn't supported and it's too late now.
I can still get to rxtools by holding L on boot but sys and emuNand doesn't seem to boot.

I have backups of my Nands (made from rxtools a year ago). Am I able somehow flash to this? I can't seem to find any options in rxtools?

Thanks in advance.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Upgrade to Luma3DS since rxtools is not support for 11.3 due to NFIRM require on Home Menu.
You could following this thread to update: [Tutorial] Updating from rxTools to Luma3DS

But, I advise you to change your entry point to A9LH.
Since 11.3 right now is totally unhackable with NFIRM patch. if you accidently update sysNAND, you're doom.
Any hardmod can't help you hack again (except you have NAND backup below 11.3) unless the new arm9 exploit is out.

Last edited by nechigawara,

haribizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing the firmware before updating I believe it was something like
Rx-e 11.0.0.33

That suggests that i updates the emunand right?

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I remember seeing the firmware before updating I believe it was something like
Rx-e 11.0.0.33

That suggests that i updates the emunand right?
Sorry, I though you was updating EmuNAND to 11.3 already.
Well, look like rxtools may be broken. And I don't know how to fix it since I never using it.
If you're willing to keep rxtools, may be you have to wait for another person answer.
But, I still suggest you to move to Luma3DS (and, yeah, with A9LH entry point).
Since rxtools, even the revive one, is still far from finish & 11.3 support.

Reactions: haribizzle

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrade to Luma3DS since rxtools is not support for 11.3 due to NFIRM require on Home Menu.
You could following this thread to update: [Tutorial] Updating from rxTools to Luma3DS

But, I advise you to change your entry point to A9LH.
Since 11.3 right now is totally unhackable with NFIRM patch. if you accidently update sysNAND, you're doom.
Any hardmod can't help you hack again (unless you have NAND backup below 11.3) until the new arm9 exploit is out.
Wait a sec... I thought there was no arm9 kernel exploit just yet for 11.3... When you said, "until the new arm9 exploit is out." did you mean when the next arm9 kernel exploit is out, or there is a new arm9 kernel exploit confirmed and in development that will be released in the future? Afaik, I checked the 3DS System Flaws & a few 3DS hacker Twitter pages, nothing mentioned just yet. I wanna make sure I am not seeing or hearing things that aren't there. O.o

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Wait a sec... I thought there was no arm9 kernel exploit just yet for 11.3... When you said, "until the new arm9 exploit is out." did you mean when the next arm9 kernel exploit is out, or there is a new arm9 kernel exploit confirmed and in development that will be released in the future? Afaik, I checked the 3DS System Flaws & a few 3DS hacker Twitter pages, nothing mentioned just yet. I wanna make sure I am not seeing or hearing things that aren't there. O.o
Nope, I just said that since when I said only unhackable part. Somebody will told me I'm wrong.
So, I decide to add that arm9 which doesn't exist yet to prevent that.

haribizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help.
i managed to get it working by inserting the boot.3dsx into root with the armloaderfile
i removed the rxtools folder.
Inserted the luma luancher file over my existing one
edited boot.cfg to search for the boot file i inserted from luma rather than my old rxtools.

not sure if all was required but i was trying and testing many things so maybe just a few of the steps worked.

ultimately up and running now.
Thanks nechigawara for the help

Reactions: nechigawara

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
thanks for the help.
i managed to get it working by inserting the boot.3dsx into root with the armloaderfile
i removed the rxtools folder.
Inserted the luma luancher file over my existing one
edited boot.cfg to search for the boot file i inserted from luma rather than my old rxtools.

not sure if all was required but i was trying and testing many things so maybe just a few of the steps worked.

ultimately up and running now.
Thanks nechigawara for the help
Glad to be of help.
If you considor changing menuhax to A9LH, just ask here.

haribizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i was reading into it. like i mentioned, i pretty much set all this up a while ago and left it so alot of this is unfamiliar now.
I assume i need to follow the guide found here https://3ds.guide/.

I'm just unsure how much of it i need to do.
Thinking to leave as is and not upgrade seeing as everything works and there doesn't seem to be that many new games for the 2ds on the horizon anyways

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You can keep the current setting.
You just have to make really sure that you won't update sysNAND by accident, or you will lose everything.

And, yes, that the correct guide you should follow if you really want to change.
There is 2 things you need to know about 3DS hacking before doing A9LH.
  1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
  2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
The choices you have now is Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with Luma3DS CFW. Can be done by booting to sysNAND, changing a theme (just color is OK), then following this guide: http://3ds.guide/. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo. The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1