Hardware Brick Wii U E/C 160-0101

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the system is trying to boot a title that doesn't exist anymore. you are bricked. CBHC has a ton of warnings say NOT to format

Thanks. I figured as much but I thought I'd check. Looks like teardown for fun may be in order!

LuigiXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I just saw I'm another thread and it's a brick error as well. Sorry maybe you can find a cheap wiiu now with switch in the market

No worries thanks for helping. I have one from Ebay which has always had the red blinking light issue (won't power on and Fan noise/Drive mech doesn't kick in) maybe I'll try and Frankenstein a working machine!

PS: I had rednand, no use though right?

Last edited by LuigiXL,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries thanks for helping. I have one from Ebay which has always had the red blinking light issue (won't power on and Fan noise/Drive mech doesn't kick in) maybe I'll try and Frankenstein a working machine!

PS: I had rednand, no use though right?
Do you have an OTP dump? if so it might be possible to unbrick it with http://gbatemp.net/posts/7195109/

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

Did you format from redNAND or from sysNAND?
If it's from redNAND, you can try mashing home button. [Right, formatting both can screw up everything]

Last edited by ,

LuigiXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you format from redNAND or from sysNAND?
If it's from redNAND, you can try mashing home button. [Right, formatting both can screw up everything]

Sadly SysNAND. I was pretty sure the console freezing was due to a hardware fault anyway as it would often do it on the main menu. I foolishly thought formatting Sys and keeping Red might help, but I was impatient away from the site and have paid the price. Lesson learned! I'll keep it in case it's ever revivable.

D

Deleted User

Sadly SysNAND. I was pretty sure the console freezing was due to a hardware fault anyway as it would often do it on the main menu. I foolishly thought formatting Sys and keeping Red might help, but I was impatient away from the site and have paid the price. Lesson learned! I'll keep it in case it's ever revivable.
CBHC always makes your Wii U freeze for short periods of time [Atleast if you installed it on a fresh, non-hacked Wii U] It would go away after some time so you cleary fucked up there man...

ask us before you do stupid stuff next time, @pwsincd we have a new bricked Wii U!

LuigiXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CBHC always makes your Wii U freeze for short periods of time [Atleast if you installed it on a fresh, non-hacked Wii U] It would go away after some time so you cleary fucked up there man...

ask us before you do stupid stuff next time, @pwsincd we have a new bricked Wii U!

Yeah sorry, I should have been clearer. By freezing I meant the system totally locking up on menus and during games and doing the "high pitch" sound that was quite common on the launch 8GB models (as I suspect this unit is, it is white 8GB) it wasn't a temporary pausing or such, it happened quite often and made the thing almost unplayable. But clearly for someone who has done this for a while, I should have had more patience and read up. I'll likely hang on to the unit but could offer it up for sacrifice if need be. I have a red flashing light unit that has never powered on (a random junk sale) that I will investigate now this is dead. Perhaps I can splice something together. Always read the label kids!

D

Deleted User

Yeah sorry, I should have been clearer. By freezing I meant the system totally locking up on menus and during games and doing the "high pitch" sound that was quite common on the launch 8GB models (as I suspect this unit is, it is white 8GB) it wasn't a temporary pausing or such, it happened quite often and made the thing almost unplayable. But clearly for someone who has done this for a while, I should have had more patience and read up. I'll likely hang on to the unit but could offer it up for sacrifice if need be. I have a red flashing light unit that has never powered on (a random junk sale) that I will investigate now this is dead. Perhaps I can splice something together. Always read the label kids!
You can try dumping NAND from that dead Wii U [That red flashing one] and check if everything is alright. Most issues can be fixed :)

Reactions: LuigiXL

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This Wii U is dead and can't be resurrected
It belongs in here:
muellsack1-top.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat