Hacking Breath of the Wild update corrupted

hypernova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my kids accidentally updated the BotW on my HDD through the WiiU rather than the program. I can no longer get it to load. I've tried removing the game and all aspects of it (except for the save data), but the update portion on the HDD shows 0 kb in size and will not delete through the WiiU settings/Data Management. I've tried just overwriting it with the update via the program, but that will not work either. What are my options? All I can come up with is wiping the drive. I'm concerned about that because I tried backing up saves with the SaveMii (edit: SaveMii Mod, not the original) program, but haven't figured out how to restore them, so I'm hesitant to wipe it.

Is there a way to delete just the update file on the HDD? And how do I get my kids to stop accidentally updating a game through the Wii? It did this with BotW before, but I was able to delete the game/update/dlc that time.

Any ideas? If wiping the drive is the only option, how do I load the saves from SaveMii (edit: SaveMii Mod) back? I did the batch backup, but checking each game with restore savedata shows every slot empty. Trying to backup individually fails every time. I use CBHC, so maybe that's the reason?

Last edited by hypernova,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok the issue is not the update but with your hdd or wiiu how do i know this well let me explain.

When you download a update using the wiiu the wiiu connects to Nintendo's CDN what is CDN you ask well its Content Delivery Network.

When you use a program like wiiu usb download helper or any other PC downloader where do you think they get the downloads from?? Yep they hook into the CDN to get the downloads.

So the content is exactly the same if you update using the wiiu or if you downloaded it using a pc program.

When you tried to start the game exactly what happens does it not load at all does it load to a screen saying something like the dlc is missing please connect to the eshop? If it says that just load the eshop then exit out then load botw again and the update will now fully download.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

hypernova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may be correct. It is an older 320 GB WD passport from back in the Wii days. That may also explain why it seemed to delete okay last time, and not this time. Well, I'll try wiping it at some point soon, and seeing how much longer it lasts.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with this update too. After updating and installing the DLC, every time I boot up the game it gets past that first loading screen then tells me I need to perform a system update before exiting to the system menu. The problem is, I'm already on 5.5.2. I'm also using cbhc 1.6 if that matters. Does anyone know what went wrong here or how I can bypass this update nag? Unless there's a new update dropping very soon, I am on the latest firmware so I don't what the problem is(the game worked perfectly before I updated it and I only updated it so I can play the new dlc)

EDIT: I believe this has something to do with the NNU Patcher. I had it active when I using the eShop right before launching the game. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb