Breath of the Wild gets an Explorer's Edition bundle

Alongside the new Green 2DS Ocarina of Time bundle, the Breath of the Wild Explorer's Edition bundle was announced.
These two bundles will be available on Black Friday.

3310387-2111973439-LOZBO.jpg

With this new bundle, you will get:
- A copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
- The 100+ page booklet called the BoTW Explorer's Guide
- A double sided map showing various regions from the game

This bundle will cost $59.99, no season pass is included in the bundle.

Last edited by TrueMrHacker,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where was this when the game came out
This and a MANUAL! :wtf:

Seriously, why aren't there manuals? I know they kinda did away with manual packaging but I mean even the wii u and 3DS had manuals In the game disc/cart itself. Now all manuals are just online. Also did i miss a nintendo direct or something?

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
How very odd that they wouldn't included the season pass sorta like a "GOTY Edition"

Either way I don't own this game yet (don't even own a Switch) so I will be picking this up once I do get one.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looks pretty cool, and it's pretty cheap for what you get, I mean wasn't the game $70 when it came out for Switch?
I wonder if that map is the same one that was in the limited edition. I own one so I could check but I haven't "unboxed" the map and coin, prefer to keep them in mint NIB condition.

Seriously, why aren't there manuals? I know they kinda did away with manual packaging but I mean even the wii u and 3DS had manuals In the game disc/cart itself. Now all manuals are just online. Also did i miss a nintendo direct or something?
Are you sure there aren't digital manuals on cart? I mean I haven't really bothered to check, I just assumed there would be.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure there aren't digital manuals on cart? I mean I haven't really bothered to check, I just assumed there would be.
Breath of the wild on switch doesn't have a manual on the cart, neither does Sonic Mania. There is a button in Sonic Mania that loads a webpage manual. This is the exact page.
https://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/mania/manual/en/index.html?pid=0

If you want what could even be called a manual, you have to redeem it from nintendo rewards program for 10 gold coins. Which if you buy the game and apply for the coin value, is enough to get just from the game alone.
https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/823e7e04555dac0f?lang=en-US

Is basically a condensed version of this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Complete-Official-Collectors/dp/1911015222

None of the switch games i know so far included a manual that is of $40 or more. There was $30 games that included a manual with purchase for the sole purpose of completing a bundle that is overpriced in the first place just for the sake of selling games that would be Eshop only at retail like Cave story+, Retro City Rampage, The binding of Isaac, etc.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: cvskid

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Breath of the wild on switch doesn't have a manual on the cart, neither does Sonic Mania. There is a button in Sonic Mania that loads a webpage manual. This is the exact page.
https://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/mania/manual/en/index.html?pid=0

If you want what could even be called a manual, you have to redeem it from nintendo rewards program for 10 gold coins. Which if you buy the game and apply for the coin value, is enough to get just from the game alone.
https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/823e7e04555dac0f?lang=en-US

Is basically a condensed version of this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Complete-Official-Collectors/dp/1911015222

None of the switch games i know so far included a manual that is of $40 or more. There was $30 games that included a manual with purchase for the sole purpose of completing a bundle that is overpriced in the first place just for the sake of selling games that would be Eshop only at retail like Cave story+, Retro City Rampage, The binding of Isaac, etc.
Oh well, I think digital manuals are pretty pointless anyway. A truly good game should teach you all you need to know without unnecessarily long winded or text heavy tutorials or manuals. The lack of a built in manual system just forces devs to design their games in a way that's intuitive, which is a good thing in my book.
The main appeal of manuals was to have a physical, tangible thing with pretty pictures and illustrations, it wasn't so much for the useful aspect of it (although some older games could be pretty cryptic so manuals did come in handy), and you lose that with a digital manual.

I hated how Paper Mario Color Splash basically forced you to use the manual to get past certain points. I wonder if it was a half assed attempt at copy protection, since Loadiine doesn't support manuals.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I miss manuals also but alot of people don't know how to take care of things so manuals either end up torn or lost and games end up not being a complete package if you buy used or worse, people lose the original boxes to the games. I think it mainly has to do with cutting cost though.

At least with a digital manual you always know it's there for the most part.

Last edited by cvskid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.