ROM Hack Bravely Second 999 villagers

G25900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit 2: It has been confirmed that this also works for getting 9999 villagers, check the bottom of this post for the values.

Edit 3: Sky3DS+ users, DO NOT edit the save on the Sky's microSD, this is not the correct save, load the game and use a save dumper to get BD2colony0.sav to do this edit. Not doing this and trying to do the same edit on the save on the Sky's microSD will be editing it's header and will break the save.

Probably the easiest value I've ever had to find thanks to them saving the village as a separate file, there's very little data in there.

First thing is to dump your save using your favourite dumper (ID: 17bb for any that need it).

Copy BD2Colony0.SAV (Or colony1/2 if you have used the other slots) to your PC and make a back up just in case, then open it up in your favourite hex edit (I use HxD).

From there on the very top row change the two highlited offsets in the image below to E7 03 as shown. (My original values were 06 00 as I had 6 villagers when I dumped the save, yours will probably be somewhere between 01 00 and 19 00, between 1 and 25 villagers).

ID4cjDdh.jpg

Then transfer the file back to your 3DS and inject the save back. You will now have 999 villagers.

You can change the values as you want, just google the value you want in hex and change it to that value, for example if you want 250 you would change them to FA 00, as FA = 250 in hex. It gets a bit more complicated if the value in hex is 3 digits long, you have to put the second two digits in the first offset then add a 0 before the first digit and place it in the second offset. So for example 500 in hex is 1F4 so you change the two highlighted offsets to F4 01. 999 is 3E7 so that becomes E7 03 as we did in the image above, etc.

Hope this helps you guys out.

Edit: So I just did today's update data and got another 5 villagers, I know have 1004 so it seems the cap may be higher this time, some one could try setting it to 0F 27 if they like and see if it gives you 9999 villagers.

This has been confirmed to work in the comments below.

Last edited by G25900,

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much in advance. This is definitely useful. :D Lookin forward for my copy to arrive tomorrow (hopefully).

Zoel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I just transfer my max out save file from the Japanese game using NTR. Now I don't have replay the game and just watch the scenes in english and call it a day.

Ferrian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Newbie question, how do I get to the save file if I'm using Gateway with .3ds file? Or is this only for the cia version of the game?

G25900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What dumper do you recommend?

For .CIA not carts.

I use Savedatafiler but you'll have to find that yourself as I'm pretty sure it's not allowed to be linked.

Does anyone know the offset for SP?

Could be a bit of a pain to find given how it caps at such a low number and it takes 8 hours or paying to get more to compare which values changed. The problem is you only get 3 so you'd be constantly dumping and editing the save just to get an extra turn occasionally, if anything editing levels and money would be a better use of time.

Newbie question, how do I get to the save file if I'm using Gateway with .3ds file? Or is this only for the cia version of the game?

I'm not sure how Gateway works but doesn't it have it's own save dumper feature? As long as you can get hold of colony save it should still work the same.

Brian Thompson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that there was an NTR cheat file for the Japanese version that set SP at 77. Just wondered if that was possible with hex editing. http://www.speedfly.cn/10658.html

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried, and you can get 9'999
But you can only use 999 on a store, 999 on another, 999 on another...
How did you do it?

G25900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw that there was an NTR cheat file for the Japanese version that set SP at 77. Just wondered if that was possible with hex editing. http://www.speedfly.cn/10658.html

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How did you do it?

It could work but the plugin is editing the value in real-time, while I've been messing with this I've found that going over caps for things usually resets it back and has possible buggy issues, editing the save may set it but it's possible it could reset back, while the plugin will be constantly setting it back.

Check out my edit in the original post for how to get 9999 villagers.

I tried, and you can get 9'999
But you can only use 999 on a store, 999 on another, 999 on another...

This makes sense and I feel kind of dumb for not connecting the dots and realising the cap could be higher for total count, the values for the amount you have and the amount assigned to a store are stored differently.

In my original save i had 6 villagers assinged to a store when I edited it, I originally assumed the value was going to be one of those where you times the dec values by 8 first before converting to hex as a lot of the values I've been looking at have been like this, this gives a value of 30, of which there was only one value of, so I changed that and it assinged 999 villagers to the shop but kept my total at 6, this bugged out the whole village. With this method 9999 would be five digits in hex and so wouldn't fit, which means it would have to cap at something lower.

The actual villager count is just a straight dec value converted to hex, so it used both types to store the same values, which would allow a much higher value to be stored in the actual count compared to assigned count.

Last edited by G25900,

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there a tutorial how to dump my save with gateway?
Or how to do it with gateway?
Can someone share a savefile from the beggining when u get the town with 250 villagers?
Thank you :)

Last edited by CloudLionHeart,

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a tutorial how to dump my save with gateway?
Or how to do it with gateway?
Can someone share a savefile from the beggining when u get the town with 250 villagers?
Thank you :)

You can do it yourself

1.install savedatafiler
2.Find your save file(000400000017BB00.sav) and rename it to (0004000000FF40A00.sav)
3.load the game with gateway
4.Run savedatafiler
5.export save(CTR card)
6.plug SD card to PC, open the BD2Colony0.SAV with HxD.exe(find it it online) in the [filer] folder in SD card
7.Edit it like OP said (E7 03) for 999 or (FA) for 250
8.import the save
9.plug SD card to PC and rename the 000400000FF40A00.sav back to 000400000017BB00.sav
10.Done

Last edited by askara,
Reactions: CloudLionHeart

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry but what is savedatafiler and (CTR card)
my noobness :D
If someone can create a save file for me i would be very gratefull thank you :D
CTR card: Citra card, 3DS card, your game card, that thing you plug into the 3DS game slot.
Savedatafiler: a very useful program for 3ds that someone stole from Nintendo sdk. It is used to manage save files.

arkhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can do it yourself

1.install savedatafiler
2.Find your save file(000400000017BB00.sav) and rename it to (00040000FF40A00.sav)
4.Run savedatafiler
5.export save(CTR card)
6.plug SD card to PC, open the BD2Colony0.SAV with HxD.exe(find it it online) in the [filer] folder in SD card
8.import the save
9.plug SD card to PC and rename the 00040000FF40A00.sav back to 000400000017BB00.sav
10.Done

thank you very much for the detailed instruction, this is my first time using savedatafiler and it works,

by the way, why do i have to change the save filename first? when i tried to export it without changing the filename i got a broken save file

CyKoDeLiC

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can do it yourself

1.install savedatafiler
2.Find your save file(000400000017BB00.sav) and rename it to (00040000FF40A00.sav)
4.Run savedatafiler
5.export save(CTR card)
8.import the save
9.plug SD card to PC and rename the 00040000FF40A00.sav back to 000400000017BB00.sav
10.Done

I cannot get this to work on my Gateway. In savedatafiler it always says CTR card broken.

Ok you forgot a 0 in your save:

000400000FF40A00 instead of
00040000FF40A00

Last edited by CyKoDeLiC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
    SwordShielder @ SwordShielder: Use a TV