Hacking Brand new DSTT giving me error.

sqwar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new DSTT from DealExtreme, I have TTMenu folder and the fake-killer TTMENU.DAT on the root of my Kingston 8GB SDHC card. I put the DSTT in my Lite, and I get a red sad face with "ERROR" underneath it. I've also tried a 1GB non-SDHC card and I got the same error.

Is this a defective DSTT or something else?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Might be a defective DSTT. Maybe it's having contact problems (try inserting a folded up piece of paper into the slot with the DSTT to help it make contact).

Have you checked to see if it's real or fake? Did you run the official menu on it? If so, you may have killed it, in which case you'll need to restore it.

-Bri

sqwar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even notice the error in my first post, I only used the fake-killer DISABLED file. I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with the DSTT itself though because when the card is in my DS without a Micro SD I get the "No Card" error. If I put a card in with no menu, I get the "Menu?" error. The only time I get the "Error" error is when my SD card has the TTMenu folder and DAT file on it. I've tried it with three SD cards now and still nothing.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it ever work properly, or do you always get the error? The fact that you get the "No Card" and "Menu?" errors makes me think that maybe it's not the contacts, but if it's not making proper contact all bets are off. Try the paper trick and see if it helps -- if so at least you'll know it's a contact problem (very common with the DSTT).

Otherwise, there are a few possibilities. Do you maybe have your microSD card too full? Do you have too many files on the root (put the .nds files in a "games" folder instead of on the root)? Are you always using "safely remove hardware" when you remove the microSD card from your computer?

-Bri

sqwar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always get the error. Haven't gotten it to load the menu even once. The paper trick didn't work, and the only thing on my 8GB stick is the menu and DAT so it's not a space problem, and yes I use "safely remove hardware".

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should create the .SYS file for you the first time you run it. Check your microSD card and see if the .SYS file is being created or not.

When you say the only thing on your microSD card is the menu and DAT, what do you mean by "menu"? I assume you mean the TTMENU folder (and all its contents) right?

It sounds like you may need to return it for a new one.

-Bri

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The fake-killer disabled file is supposed to replace a file in the normal firmware. It is NOT the full firmware in itself. In other words; first download and unpack the normal firmware on your MicroSD, and THEN replace the nds file with the one from the fake-killer disabled file.

Edit: just download and install this and it'll be fine-> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4684

sqwar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a 403 forbidden message when trying to download that file. Doesn't really matter much though as I got a friend sending me one of his extra Acekard 2.1s. I'd like to see if that file works though, as having a second flashcard couldn't hurt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol