Hardware Brand New 360 Controller Issue - Right Analog Stick

seznam88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I bought a brand new Xbox 360 Controller like a month ago and now I start to notice something.
You know when in some games moving the camera to the corners is slower that when you normally move to the Left, Right,... ?
So now I start to notice that when I´m playing and rotate the camera to the left, 90% of the time the game will take it like I´m rotating to the corner, not entirely but it´s not working the full speed but only the speed of the corners so the guy is rotating normally to the left but with that slower speed.
Now I must let the analog stick and move it again to the left until it gets it entirely to the left and it move the full speed to the left.
So apparently there´s only a little bit of detection to the left itself and most of the time I will get the speed of the corners.
It´s an issue only of the left side of the analog stick not the right one, the right one is fine.
Hopefully you get what I mean.
Do you know if it´s normal for a brand new controller and it will loosen up or it´s an issue and I should replace it ?
And would it replace me via Warranty for this kind of issue ?
Thank you very much for your answer. :)
P.S. The games I tested and doing to most is the - Red Dead Redemption and Gears of War (1).

seznam88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so my new controller arrived today after I send the old one to warranty and it works like a charm now. :)

seznam88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi people, I have a little info about my new replaced controller and want to ask you something.
When I got it, it was working like a charm as I also said above, and it still works like a charm but after a while of playing with that controller when I got it, the left analog stick started squeaking when I moved to the right and also a little to the left, the thing is that the squeaking is dissapearing, it squeaks just a moment when I start to play and after few seconds it stops and also I had that squeaking on the previous controller as well on the right analog stick and it dissapears as well.
But now I got that on both analog sticks it has that wobbling/poppling thing, on the right one it´s mostly popping and the left one mostly wobbling.
It´s not a problem on the right one because it just do a little crack when you go from the middle to the left and you doesn´t even hear it while playing the game.
But on the left one it wobbles when I go from the middle and going to the left. Now it´s practically doing already only in the middle, but before it was worse it was doing practically in the middle of the moving to the left (Hope you get what I mean) so it gets better, now it´s only in the middle as well so it´s unnoticeable, but the thing why I´m talking about it here is that it´s a brand new controller and after a while of playing it starts to do these things.
It´s getting better as I said and the squeaking is almost gone and that wobbling is already in the middle like most of the controllers but when I´m going to start playing I need to first fiddle with the analog stick a little to make the squeaking to dissapear and make that wobble in the middle (maybe it will stay in the middle now without the need of fiddling, it´s a fresh thing now so I need to play more and found out).
So my question is, is this normal behavior of a new controller in a process of "Breaking in/loosing" of the analog sticks ? So it will dissapear after some more play time ? Or is it an issue of a controller and I should replace it again or should I don´t bother with it ?
Thank you very much for your answers. :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I haven't had it do it but I do got a controller that has a squeak whenever I pull one of the triggers.
That was after a week that I got it.
It still works properly tho.

seznam88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And what about the "wobbling/popping" of the analog sticks ?
That´s actually my common problem with 360 controllers, nearly every one of the 360 controllers I played on for some time had this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it