Bout to begin!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sicklyboy, Nov 17, 2012.

Nov 17, 2012

Bout to begin! by Sicklyboy at 8:13 AM (397 Views / 0 Likes) 9 Comments

• Global Moderator

Sicklyboy Not Falco

Message Count:
    United States
    But I need to know what to do. Well, not so much that, as I have a good idea, but I need some pointers, and I need to know what to look out for in -whatever- situations. General words of wisdom when it comes to drive flashing.

After having so many issues getting dives to dump and flash with onboard SATA/6421 over various computers (FINALLY got a drive to dump via a 6421, Hitachi, but RAM Upload failed, and couldn't continue), I caved and bought an X360USB Pro V2.

I'm downloading a few games, and will be running them through ABGX tomorrow. I already have my flashed iHAS and Verbatim disks.

A couple of questions, and then hopefully people can provide some extra insight:

-I downloaded the latest lt+ firmware pack from the usual sources, but the confusing thing I run in to every single time is that the list of files that JungleFlasher looks for, as stated in the Place Files Here.txt is half different from the ones included with the LT+ pack. The original firmware files are the same, but the modified ones aren't what JF claims to look for. Will it still work?

-How to go about updating a console with a flashed drive?

-How to know if an update is going to mess up your flash?

-Anything else to look out for?

Edit - Here's my issue with JF. As defined in the Place Firmware Here!.txt file, all of the orig##*.bin files are there. However, the ix151-...*.bin files are not. Instead, the LT+ firmware pack included LTPlus-##-2.0.bin, as well as some other variations of similarly named LTPlus-##-####-2.0.bin files. I realized just now though that the latest date on the JF readme for the firmwares it is looking for is 3/3/09, and LT+ 3.0 came out in '11. So should it still work, just the readme hasn't been udpated?

Edit 2 - JF v0.1.92 Beta (304) (latest on jungleflasher.net), for what it's worth.
    Last edited by plasma dragon007, Nov 17, 2012

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Message Count:
    United States
    1. Just unrar the bin files, and the ones labeled LTPlus-***.bin throw those files into the firmware folder.
    2. It's been said you should flash your disc drive with stock firmware, update the console normally, and then flash it back to CFW. I simply update my 360 without reflashes.
    3. Keep an eye out on here, and c4eva's website. Those places will be the first to know if something's up.
    4. Don't play games too early before release date or you might suffer from your console/profile getting banned.
    5. The LTPlus***.bin files should be LTPlus***-3.0.bin files. You might need an updated firmware package. Since my files are dated 2011.
    6. Yep, that's what I'm using. The readme hasn't been updated in a while.
    • Global Moderator

Sicklyboy Not Falco

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks for the reply Devin.

The firmware pack has most of the files dated 2011, but some are 1/13/2012. It does also have LTPlus-0225-v3.0.bin as well as a few others.

Edit - Should I ONLY have ones that end in 3.0, and just delete the v2.0 and v1.1? Also, there's one (LTPlus-0225-v3.0u.bin) with a u at the end, what's the significance of the u?
    Last edited by plasma dragon007, Nov 17, 2012

Message Count:
    United States
    Nah you should leave them all in there. Jungle Flasher will autoselect the correct firmware files after you extract your keys. Not sure about the purpose of the u.
    plasma dragon007 likes this.
    • Global Moderator

Sicklyboy Not Falco

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks man. The X360USB Pro v2 will come in on Tuesday, but it's a possibility nobody will be home to sign for it, so Wednesday.

Running some games through ABGX and burning now :o

Message Count:
    United States
    Very nice. I use an ODDE myself, along with a X360USB Pro v2.
    • Global Moderator

Sicklyboy Not Falco

Message Count:
    United States
    Just figured I'd throw this out there, I've had my stuff up and running for a few days now, despite a few snags, everything is working great (one console that I flashed had a dead laser, one overheated terribly (reseating+repasting the heatsinks and doing a 9v fanmod fixed it right up), another worked than got the 3 red rings again, so I gotta reflow it (I think it was the first I ever reflowed, and my methods have drastically improved since then))

I've got a BenQ Zephyr in the living room for my brother, and a Hitachi Xenon in my room, both flashed and running backups. And holy hell, replacing the laser in a Hitachi drive is piss easy compared to the others. And holy hell at how easy it is to do this whole thing with the X360USB Pro v2.

And I've also only burned one coaster so far (though I think this is about to be my second, PIF avg was .27 :x retesting again just to make sure it wasn't from bumping my desk or something while I was using Kprobe)

DinohScene Femboy

Message Count:
    Atlantic Ocean
    I used to swap PCB's with Hitachi drives.
    But yep those drives are extremely easy to replace parts on.

Liteon drives are much harder on that.

Heh 60? quid well spend on the V2?
    • Global Moderator

Sicklyboy Not Falco

Message Count:
    United States
    The v2 was absolutely money well spent once I got it. It came out to a touch over $70 USD once shipped, but man, was it worth it.

DinohScene Femboy

Message Count:
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yeh roughly 60 quid here ;p

Glad it all worked out.
    I'm also thinking of replacing my old stuff with a USB pro v2 but not entirely sure about it lol
    My old X360 and CK3 still work ;p

SPONSORED LINKS