Hacking Bought Nintendo Pocket Football Club on emuNAND, doesn't work :(

BORODA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you're misunderstanding. They are two different keys, but they are initialized at the same time.
Thanks for clearing this up :yay:

Surely as long as the Emunand is upto date wont it work with all games?. I thought it was just the Emunand that you worked on all the time and as long as the Emunand was upto date is it not just the same as system Firmware latest? I thought the Emunand was just a copy of system firmware?
It is, except for the fact that keys are not updated.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Surely as long as the Emunand is upto date wont it work with all games?. I thought it was just the Emunand that you worked on all the time and as long as the Emunand was upto date is it not just the same as system Firmware latest? I thought the Emunand was just a copy of system firmware?
Nope. One of the things that's different is what happens at system boot, and if changes are made to that (such as special keys being initialized at boot like what's happening here) emuNAND simply won't help because it doesn't have access to what happens at boot time.

Reactions: reece71079

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope. One of the things that's different is what happens at system boot, and if changes are made to that (such as special keys being initialized at boot like what's happening here) emuNAND simply won't help because it doesn't have access to what happens at boot time.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed by Gateway or is there just speculation?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know if this can be fixed by Gateway or is there just speculation?
Mostly speculation AFAIK. It might be possible to get around this but at the very least it'll be hard. The only real solution is 7.x support, anything else is a workaround (like somehow finding a way to decrypt the roms and then, again somehow, launch the decrypted roms) - and then Nintendo can probably pull this stunt again in 8.x and it'll be the same situation for a while.

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mostly speculation AFAIK. It might be possible to get around this but at the very least it'll be hard. The only real solution is 7.x support, anything else is a workaround (like somehow finding a way to decrypt the roms and then, again somehow, launch the decrypted roms) - and then Nintendo can probably pull this stunt again in 8.x and it'll be the same situation for a while.

Well it'd be nice to hear something from Gateway regarding this. At present it's not a big issue but if they don't start working on it soon they may fall behind to the point where many new games simply don't work.

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both groups don´t share a public email in their nfo, so you won´t be able to contact them.
And even if they did, they most propably wouldn´t answer.

Eh I supplied for a pretty big group before, through their public email.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wanna sword fight ssds mines longer