Hacking Bought an used Wii, can't get games to run

Hexx2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just got an used softmodded Wii, but the dude removed the sd card.

I had homebrew channel installed, but no apps. So I got some apps on my HDD, WiiFlow to load some files off the HDD, the first time it started there were just empty text boxes and when I clicked on the first one a progress bar started loading and after 5 seconds I got the error "exception dsi occured". And now I get that error every time I start the app.

Second I tried running with NeoGamma, it says "the disc could not be read" and freezes. Then I tried running Homebrew Browser, and after some loading I got the error "debug not owner".

So I'm wondering if the problem is that I installed all the newest versions of the apps but he softmodded it like 5-6 years ago and didnt update anything(wasnt connected to the internet)?He had both WiiFlow and NeoGamma(older versions) running perfectly fine just yesterday but on his SD card.

Hexx2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I tried with USBLoaderGX now, I get this message when I start "Warning: You are trying to select a FAT32/NTSF/EXT partition with cIOS249 Rev<18. This is not supported. Continue at your own risk"
I start a game, and it is just a black screen.

Hexx2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok I tried that, it says succesfull on both of them, but if I go check in the table with all the IOS(second to last step in d2x) it only says IOS 249 21010 and IOS 250 21010.
And when I check in USBLoaderGX credits, in the top right corner it says ISO222.

So I guess nothing actually changed even though it says succesful?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the latest BETA build (rev1262) ? Latest official is 3.0, which is outdated

ps : if you didn't change anything to its settings, it should use cIOS 249 by default, not 222
maybe you'll have to delete its configuration file

Last edited by Badablek,
Reactions: Hexx2012

Hexx2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
the latest BETA build (rev1262) ? Latest official is 3.0, which is outdated

ps : if you didn't change anything to its settings, it should use cIOS 249 by default, not 222
maybe you'll have to delete its configuration file
Yeah rev 1262.
Well I did install it and tried running games before installing the cIOS, I'll try deleting the config now.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that, as USBLoader GX did not find any good cIOS in slot 249 at first start, it chose itself to use cIOS222.

you can delete the config file or look in the options to put 249 as default cIOS.

Hexx2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Now I have the problem that some games work and some don't. They are all saved on a FAT32 hdd in wbfs format through WiiBackupManager.
Out of 6 games I put on it, 4 work and 2 don't, it just goes to black screen and freezes.
The games are Punch Out and New Super Mario Bros.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Be sure to use full 1:1 ISO (unpatched/untrimmed) when converting to wbfs format
you should check the MD5/SHA1 signatures of your ISO (before conversion) and then compare it with GameTDB

you have probably used some patched ISO, which may result in crash/black screen. Punch Out and NSMB do not require anything special (no need to force any cIOS) and should work nicely with default settings

Last edited by Badablek,
Reactions: Hexx2012

Hexx2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok I just deleted the wbfs's, and made them again with WiiBackupManager, now NSMB works but Punch Out still doesn't, so I'm guessing the ISO is patched. I'll try getting another one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)