Hacking Bought an RGH x360, some questions

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, just bought myself a Xbox 360 Slim with RGH 2.0 (Dash launch says its 2.0)
-Running Dashboard 2.017502.0
-Running FSD v2.2 rev725
-Running Dash Launch 3.18.1 (I updated this from 317)

Im more familiar with hacks for the 3DS, Wii U and even the PS3 but im ignorant with most, if not, all things hack-wise for the x360.
Tutorials and guides are very outdated for the 360 for some reason,
I had a few inquiries, if anyone here could help me out

1) the classic: is xbox live feasible in some way without getting banned?

2) i wanted to DL youtube, twitch, netflix, etc from the store but dashboard tells me an update is needed. I assume Ill lose RGH if i update so I just said no. Anyway to access the store/install those apps?

3) Is there a way to update to latest dashboard and stay RGH'd? Or would i lose FSD if i updated?

4) The guy that sold me the xbox told me there was a newer FSD but said hes not installing it because he gets ''fatal crashes because of an avatar glitch". Is this true or is it recommended to update to some newer version of FSD?

Thanks in advance, have been literally in the dark being very careful of not messing anything up.

Last edited by juins,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1 No, unless you got a dual NAND installed or want to spend a fuck ton on stealth servers.
2. Won't work without XBL, and seeing you connected it to the web and got a message that you need to update, there's a high chance your KV (unique console info) is banned.
3. You have to dump the NAND with NAND flasher 360 and then update it with XeBuild 360, however an update isn't needed as there's no game that uses 17511 yet.
4. He's full of shit, I've been running FSD 3 for years and have not experienced such a thing at all, just format your harddrive and use this tutorial to install FSD3 (or if you want to install Aurora, just substitute FSD for Aurora)

Reactions: pelago

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can dump the nand withput a flasher with a dump program. You can update with tutorials by usb but if all works well dont mess with it. Do at your own risk. You can install a secudary dash into a external drive and see how it behave and set up to start the second dash to defalt but is a little tricky.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@DinohScene, thanks for the response, one final multi question post.

1) aw, that sucks, i even went thru a troublesome night of getting Dashlaunch to stop blocking my connection to internet, Is it really banned already even before getting a banned message?

2) So.... No way to get youtube, twitch, netflix etc on the console?

3) So i guess the only thing worth doing is updating FSD to 3.0...
I wonder why he told me that avatar story.
Do I really need to format the HDD or can I just delete certain directories? HDD is full of games and dont have external media to back em up rn.

Last edited by juins,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. sorry to say it but as soon as a RGH'd/JTAG'd 360 connects to Live, it'll be banned.
It might take a few seconds to a few minutes but the result is the same, banned.
2. nope, you'll have to get a retail box for that.
3. Idk how proper your internet connection is but for organizing sake, do format your entire harddrive.

I personally can't stand the clutter that I seen sone people dump on harddrives, files all over the place.
Nothing is structured, folders are named horribly.

If possible, pull all the games from the box with FTP and back them up on your PC.

Reactions: pelago

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@DinohScene
Yup, im actually really clean with my directories and am careful with where i copy stuff, currently root is looking like this:

-Apps
-Cache
-Compatibility
-Content
-EMUs
-FreeStyle
-games
-mindex
.launch.ini file

i live in central america and download speed is barely 4.5 mbps here.
Thats why i was asking because i would personally not be able to download anything afterwards because of internet speeds and work combined with lack of time.
Is it possible just to install FSD3 without having to format?

EDIT btw, thanks for all the help u give the xbox 360 community, been reading alot of your posts all over gbatemp and they have very good information.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If only I could hug you right now ;-;

Anyway, you should delete the launch.ini file and everything that's located in Freestyle.
Then just follow the tutorial I provided.

Edit: I'm just sharing me knowledge and I like helping people~

Elizabethx90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 No, unless you got a dual NAND installed or want to spend a fuck ton on stealth servers.
2. Won't work without XBL, and seeing you connected it to the web and got a message that you need to update, there's a high chance your KV (unique console info) is banned.
3. You have to dump the NAND with NAND flasher 360 and then update it with XeBuild 360, however an update isn't needed as there's no game that uses 17511 yet.
4. He's full of shit, I've been running FSD 3 for years and have not experienced such a thing at all, just format your harddrive and use this tutorial to install FSD3 (or if you want to install Aurora, just substitute FSD for Aurora)
There was a bug with avatars back in the past, but it didn't cause any major issues, avatars just wouldn't load. But a modern dash should be fine.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@DinohScene @Elizabethx90

wait a minute, i personally dont have access/knowledge to flashers and stuff like that.
Do i have to install latest dash thru a flasher or something?
or do i just install FSD3 thru the tutorial dinohscene posted? (im on dash 2.017502.0)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You just install FSD through the tutorial I linked.

If you need to update your 360 itself, you can do that with software and XeBuild GUI.
However, there's no need for that yet as there hasn't been any games that require Dash 17511.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@DinohScene, yup, just gonna update FSD, no need for updating official dash, just as you said
Ill try doing this once im back from work, ill post back later today

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@DinohScene so i got it working,
kinda messed it up at the beginning because i didnt have blank CD-r media with me and ended up messing up the FSD install trying to update via f3installer

Eventually i got ahold of a blank cd media, went thru with your tutorial and everything went smooth!
even went as far as having an Aurora side-load capable console, i like it alot but i still dont trust it for autoboot

is everything looking good now? FSD 3 says
Dash Version: 3.0b Rev775
Kernel version: 2.0.17502.0
Skin version: 3.0 Rev775

does that look ok?

I have another issue now but for the sake of avoiding clutterness, im going to do a new post
thanks again for everything

Last edited by juins,

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, everythings working fine now, emulator wise i got

NES ----- FCE360 v0.6
SNES ---- SNES360 v0.32
Genesis -- Genesis Plus v0.18b
GBA ------ Using both VBA360 v0.03b and xeboyadvance v0.4

These all work fine thru FSD... except mupen64 0.993 b2

Im getting the classic "stuck at fat mount uda"
v0.96 runs fine, I read some other forums thats these newer versions have dvd code and unfortunately i have an Hitachi drive and there a bug with those drives where Xell hangs UNLESS dvd drive is unplugged. (although i got it to get past that part only once)

I dont understand much about this but if im reading right, either i have to downgrade my xell version, OR get my hands on the super rare xell 0.994 file which was uploaded at some point tbut it seems not many ppl have it...

as mentioned by Swizzy here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.p...ting-to-0993-get-no-cpu-or-dvd-key-from-xell/

and here someone uploaded it but the file is down (theres even a pic of it) : http://team-xecuter.com/forums/thre...e-be-a-XeLL_Reloaded-2stages-v0-994-_Rant-ish

what do you think? @DinohScene

EDIT: actually just found it i think lol. Can you verify? if this IS the real deal, how can i install this? I only have access to console, PC and USB sticks atm

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.p...93-with-corona-video-support-released/&page=4

Last edited by juins,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yup.
Everything should be working perfectly fine.
Try downloading covers and title updates.
If you can't find covers then you might have not set up dash launch correctly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have three tutorials on updating the dash if u choose to. one is for xebuild (non-gui), the other for xebuild gui, and the third is for adding xebuild to xebuild gui's custom dash. I'm on the latest using the last one. I'm not sure if gui has been updated, but when I wrote the tutorial, the dev responsible for xebuild.gui said he wasn't going to update the app since there was no reason to be on the latest. that's just there if u want to be on the latest. once u do it, u'll realize how easy it is to do.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall the dash version, but the one that adds 2TB support to external hdds is a must. everything after that isn't really needed unless a game needs I guess. I haven't played around with any recent games to know which game needs what. I always stay on the latest regardless of whether or not I play the system much. I'm mostly a wii u gamer. :P

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup.
Everything should be working perfectly fine.
Try downloading covers and title updates.
If you can't find covers then you might have not set up dash launch correctly.

I had a certain config that the seller had on the 360 before using your launch.ini
now covers and everything work but i think console also isnt blocking my internet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.